• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remedies for morning eye-lines?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any good remedies for morning lines around the eyes? Not dark circles necessarily, just the lines. I've heard a cold spoon pressed against the eye is good for, puffiness maybe?
smile.gif

emperor3d

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Anyone know any good remedies for morning lines around the eyes? Not dark circles necessarily, just the lines. I've heard a cold spoon pressed against the eye is good for, puffiness maybe?
smile.gif

I usually take an icecube and wrap it into a paper napkin and place it on each eye (alternating) for 5 or so minutes and notice a huge difference. I also employ a facial massage technique developed by sheseido as referred to in step 6 of the following drawings.

Hope that helps.

massage.jpg

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Could you explain more about Step 6, the actual positioning of the pressure points? I'm not exactly sure where on the eye they're referring to.

emperor3d

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Thanks! Could you explain more about Step 6, the actual positioning of the pressure points? I'm not exactly sure where on the eye they're referring to.

Yeah I probably should have clarified that point. You want to be using light pressure and moving in a clockwise or counter-clockwise fashion around your eye. So, moving your finger just below your actual eyebags (not within that area) and move your finger around just above your actual eyebrow. You can apply this method when applying your actual eye-care creams and such.

I do realize how strikingly **** me posting that graphic was, but this actually works. It was the "user guide" for a Sheseido exfoliating cream series they have. But you can utilize the technique every day when you apply your moisturizers. It basically stimulates flood flow and after the first week I started seeing visible results. So, it really does work wonders.

emperor3d

Reaction score
and FYI, step 1 automatically eliminates the need/requirement for Botox. Should anyone ever make such a consideration.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! I was doing it wrong, LOL ; ). The spoon/ice thing seems to work too, I just tried it. Good stuff

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Photoshop.

zubin

Reaction score
/\\/\\ do you respond with anything other than lame one-liners?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^^I would respond but I'm trying to think of a lame one-liner.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
I suggest not using corduroy pillow cases.

Originally Posted by Robert
^^I would respond but I'm trying to think of a lame one-liner.

"No" would have been apropos.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes.

Casey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
preparation-H

I heard that people on movie/tv sets just put on a dab of preparation-H and put an ice cube on it for a few minutes.

It apparently tightens the skin...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads