• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Remedies for morning eye-lines?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any good remedies for morning lines around the eyes? Not dark circles necessarily, just the lines. I've heard a cold spoon pressed against the eye is good for, puffiness maybe?

emperor3d

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Anyone know any good remedies for morning lines around the eyes? Not dark circles necessarily, just the lines. I've heard a cold spoon pressed against the eye is good for, puffiness maybe?

I usually take an icecube and wrap it into a paper napkin and place it on each eye (alternating) for 5 or so minutes and notice a huge difference. I also employ a facial massage technique developed by sheseido as referred to in step 6 of the following drawings.

Hope that helps.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Could you explain more about Step 6, the actual positioning of the pressure points? I'm not exactly sure where on the eye they're referring to.

emperor3d

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Thanks! Could you explain more about Step 6, the actual positioning of the pressure points? I'm not exactly sure where on the eye they're referring to.

Yeah I probably should have clarified that point. You want to be using light pressure and moving in a clockwise or counter-clockwise fashion around your eye. So, moving your finger just below your actual eyebags (not within that area) and move your finger around just above your actual eyebrow. You can apply this method when applying your actual eye-care creams and such.

I do realize how strikingly ghey me posting that graphic was, but this actually works. It was the "user guide" for a Sheseido exfoliating cream series they have. But you can utilize the technique every day when you apply your moisturizers. It basically stimulates flood flow and after the first week I started seeing visible results. So, it really does work wonders.

emperor3d

Reaction score
and FYI, step 1 automatically eliminates the need/requirement for Botox. Should anyone ever make such a consideration.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! I was doing it wrong, LOL ; ). The spoon/ice thing seems to work too, I just tried it. Good stuff

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
preparation-H

Robert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photoshop.

zubin

Reaction score
/\\/\\ do you respond with anything other than lame one-liners?

Robert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I would respond but I'm trying to think of a lame one-liner.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
I suggest not using corduroy pillow cases.

Originally Posted by Robert
^^I would respond but I'm trying to think of a lame one-liner.

"No" would have been apropos.

Robert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Casey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
preparation-H

I heard that people on movie/tv sets just put on a dab of preparation-H and put an ice cube on it for a few minutes.

It apparently tightens the skin...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.6%