• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship Dealbreakers

fiveleven

Reaction score
Girls with a chihuahua or other similarly sized dog. Even worse if she's ever dressed it up or treats it like a human child.

Sherlock

Reaction score
-too many previous sex partners (I'd say 3 is my limit for a potential LTR)
-smokes
-does drugs
-pays more attention to her dog/cat/whatever than me
-flirts with other guys or is too nice to other guys (I actually like my girl to be a bit rude to other guys)
-extreme end of the political spectrum whether it's extremely left-wing or extremely right-wing
-has any gross sexual fetishes (scat, bondage, wants to do ****** with a strapon, etc)
-masculine voice
-doesn't want children or can't have children (I want kids someday)

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherlock
-too many previous sex partners (I'd say 3 is my limit for a potential LTR)

I'm guessing "over 21" would be a problem for you, too, then.

Sherlock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pstoller
I'm guessing "over 21" would be a problem for you, too, then.
It's not that hard to find girls who haven't slept with fifty different guys. You just gotta know where to look for them. Usually not at clubs/bars.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aside from the obvious superficial things

-nothing to say. Girls that don't read and keep up with what's going on in the world bore me to tears. If all a girl has to talk about is TV and gossip then I'll have very little interest in her.
-no wit/sense of humour
-alt-medicine crap. If they talk about energies and other bullshit, I'm getting the **** out of there.
-always wants to spend time with family or has a million engagements to go to. xmas/holidays? Fine. But beyond that I want to live a life that's separate form them. This is only a problem when it's extreme. I know a couple indian girls that seem to be going to a wedding or engagement or birthday party every second week.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
It's not that hard to find girls who haven't slept with fifty different guys. You just gotta know where to look for them. Usually not at clubs/bars.

It's not hard to find guys who haven't slept with more than 1 woman either. Just take a look at SF!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
It's not hard to find guys who haven't slept with more than 1 woman either. Just take a look at me!

ftfy

Sherlock

Reaction score
Funnily enough most of the dealbreakers mentioned in this topic don't really bother me. Examples:

fat thighs - I like a little junk in the trunk, as long as she carries it well, I'd rather have that than an anorexic girl

jealousy - it means she cares about you, I'd be more concerned if a girl didn't display any jealousy at all

no taste in art - I have no taste in art either so I don't care

no ambition beyond being a housewife - that's better than a girl who is too into her career and puts it ahead of you

is not educated - I don't care about this, someone doesn't need to be educated to be a good person or to be smart, and there are many people with PhDs who are surprisingly stupid

pstoller

Reaction score
It's not that hard to find girls who haven't slept with fifty different guys.

There's a rather vast gulf between "fifty" and "three." It's true that, in surveys, only 30% of women report having 5 or more partners; on the other hand, it's also true that, in surveys, women habitually underreport the number of their sexual partners (and men habitually overreport them).

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse

Unnaturally huge fake ****. Sorry, but it is. I don't mind if they are fake, but they need to look like a pair she could have possible been born with.

Strongly disagree.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pstoller
There's a rather vast gulf between "fifty" and "three." It's true that, in surveys, only 30% of women report having 5 or more partners; on the other hand, it's also true that, in surveys, women habitually underreport the number of their sexual partners (and men habitually overreport them).

I honestly don't want to know. I don't care about their exes as long as they test clean.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has said women with small dogs

I have broken up with a girl over her "kissing" her little dog. Not only do I find that disgusting, these women put these animals ahead of other human beings. I literally wanted to choke out that little chihuahua

-Dammit, just saw the dude with his first post..

Sherlock

Reaction score
Me, ideally I'd want a virgin. If she's been with a small number of guys, I can overlook that. However, if she's been with many guys, I couldn't have a serious relationship with her, it would always be in the back of my head that many other guys had my girl and it would always bother me.

Also if she's ever done Appreciation or been a hooker, that's definitely a dealbreaker. It shows a willingness to disrespect her body for money.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One I just thought of. A girl who talks about her exes all the time. Not so much that she is hung up on anyone in particular, but just feels the need to bring up past relationships. I don't really give a damn and certainly don't want to know ALL the details. Just the basics is fine, please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads