• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship advice... guys give me some advice please!!!

lpalma121

Reaction score
I got out of a 6 year relationship with my ex fiancé last year. Since then I've been dating girls left and right and it's great. Sure the breakup was tough on me so I dealt with it being occupied with dating around. However, I met this one girl who really got my attention. She was playing hard to get at the time and also had a guy at the time we met. Pretty sure that was a sign right there when she left him for me. We've only been together 2 months but things have been going really fast. We sleep at each others at least 5 times a week. We've been on 3 separate weekend getaways since then , the last being Miami 2 weeks ago. She's gorgeous, smart, speak 4 languages and is very well rounded. She's also Polish and this is the first European I've dated (don't know how this factors in but who knows)

Problem is lately she's been king of antagonizing me about certain things mostly being my career. I run my own business and things are good for now. I'm not a millionaire right now but I've been growing the business for the last 4 years. In this economy it's not easy but I keep moving forward every day. So she sat me down a few weeks back and had this very strange conversation. She told me that "we we're done with the games (meaning the sex, partying and dating) and now it's time to get real. So What are your plans for the future career wise? how do you plan on achieving it? What have you done in the last four years? " I answered all the questions honestly but she attacked me by saying that I haven't done enough and that I've been stagnant. Meanwhile I make the same if not more than she does. Yes she has a really good paying job but I make my own money not relying on anyone and I have something I can call mine. As far as I'm concerned her and most people I know could be out of a job tomorrow and then what.

Yesterday we had a similar conversation but this time really getting into details about how much exactly I make , have in savings etc... I felt she was out of line by asking me these questions that were really none of her business. She tries to advise me on how to handle my business but I feel that she criticizes more than the other. She really doesn't know what's involved and in reality I don't even want to go into details with her since it's literally MY BUSINESS. So I think I had it with this girl. I honestly think she's insecure about herself and tries to belittle me to compensate for that. I mean who the hell asks how much you make? I know girls need to know these things before it get serious but in 2 months? Please... and we don't even live together. She's not a gold digger by any means because she makes good money and is very independent. I usually cover everything 3/4 of the times when we do things but it's only because I invite her. Maybe I am stupid for being with her but the sex is amazing. I think that’s the only reason she’s also with me as well. Since Miami we’ve only seen each other 3 times. I think she’s pulling away but I don’t know. So what do you guys think?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dump her. Re-read your post if you're curious why.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
She is a gold digger dude. The worst kind. Lose her number. Move on. You will have amazing sex with someone who doesn't suck later.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first thing first......she give good head??

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excuse her for wanting a little stability. If you're uncomfortable with her wanting to move the relationship forward, that's your hang-up not hers. Honestly, she sounds better off with someone who doesn't run away at the mere mention of "finances".

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excuse her for wanting a little stability. If you're uncomfortable with her wanting to move the relationship forward, that's your hang-up not hers. Honestly, she sounds better off with someone who doesn't run away at the mere mention of "finances".

:laugh:

"Small business owner doing fine in this economy" isn't stable enough for her? **** that.

It's not the mention of finances that has him on the fence, it's how she's grilling him about not being ambitious enough and how he hasn't done enough for his career. If a girl told me that I'd tell her to piss off and find someone else she can mold into her twisted idea of a "perfect man".

After two months...ugh.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"Small business owner doing fine in this economy" isn't stable enough for her? **** that.
It's not the mention of finances that has him on the fence, it's how she's grilling him about not being ambitious enough and how he hasn't done enough for his career. If a girl told me that I'd tell her to piss off and find someone else she can mold into her twisted idea of a "perfect man".
After two months...ugh.

Exactly^^

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP sounds immature and seems to have no idea what he wants. A few choice quotes:

"She's also Polish and this is the first European I've dated (don't know how this factors in but who knows)"

"I honestly think she's insecure about herself and tries to belittle me to compensate for that."

"Maybe I am stupid for being with her but the sex is amazing."

Pardon me, but could this be anymore Edinatlanta?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OP sounds immature and seems to have no idea what he wants. A few choice quotes:
"She's also Polish and this is the first European I've dated (don't know how this factors in but who knows)"
"I honestly think she's insecure about herself and tries to belittle me to compensate for that."

don't listen to Neo. he likes boyz!

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is fresh.

He knows he doesn't want some woman running his life 2 months after meeting.

So what if she's Polish? Not really a big deal to him, he just doesn't know if the women are normally all up in their guys **** after 2 months and is wondering if others have had similar/dissimilar experiences.

Nothing wrong with mentioning that the sex is great, he's just trying to think of the positives; like a pro and con list.

There is very little in there that strikes me as immature.

Last edited:

lpalma121

Reaction score

After two months...ugh.

That's exactly what she said to me, it's so funny but it's true . I told her straight up I don't seem to meet your requirements so why are you with me? She said " I think you have "potential, you just need a little molding. You have good qualities aside from that such as being affectionate, caring and well mannered."

Neo , I don't have any hang ups about my finances. I live a good lifestyle compared to others in this country which believe it or not are most. I'm not a millionaire and I don't pretend to be something I'm not. I'm thankful for what I've worked hard to achieve and grateful that I've been blessed with the thrive to succeed . And in this economy .....well I must be doing something right. I just don't need someone who doesn't know s*&t about running a start up from the ground up to tell me that I haven't done enough. I think she's trying to encourage me but I'm just not feeling her approach.

Like I said the sex is out of this world and I mean it. Her head game is sick guys and believe me when I tell you this. Let's just say ,I've been around the world and I I I .

I think I made a choice this morning to just give her the space she needs. I've been missing in action and she came to her senses by texting me this morning. I think a little absence with shake things up a bit since she's usually to one who initiates us getting together. If that doesn't work , the hell with her.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads