Reigning Champ Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Distorbiant, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

This has been our experience too - Reigning Champ midweight / core program stuff is ultra shrink resistant. i've machine washed / dried 2-3 pieces multiple times each and they really haven't changed their shape.

they really are the best sweatshirts for the money if you want high value. Geller will be more luxurious and softer for 3x the price, but RC is easily the best in it's price bracket.

2. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Senior member

3. ursman

ursman Senior member

I'm a huge supporter of the RC brand. In the past year I've purchased multiple midweight pieces and some of their hybrids. I've also been very keen on finding sales on many of their pieces through multiple sites. Some of the pieces I've purchased on sale feel like "steals." I keep coming back because the quality is top notch. It's not the easiest pieces to wear as a fashion statement.. but I've gone so far as to wear my hybrid gear to the gym and it performs exceptionally.

The midweight core pieces that I own are just... wonderful. I even have a blanket. If you are looking to spend a little extra money on higher end cotton (terry) pieces... RC would be the first company I implore someone to try out.

Just my two cents - their fit is pretty spot on. I find it to fit just about true... to slightly smaller. I'm 5'6" and 160 pounds and feel very comfortable in a Medium. As far as care goes - I am always very wary of cotton in the washer. I do a cold wash and air dry. Safe bet. I have experimented with anything else.

4. johnnykicks

Thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to my core pullover hoodie getting here soon. It sounds like you fall into the majority with the Medium being a perfect fit. For me though I always have to be vary of sizing and usually length of garments is my biggest concern, I'm 6'3 so anything under 29-30 inches feels to short lol. There's lots of brands I like but cant wear most of their pieces because the only size they make which looks long enough is usually too baggy in the chest or waist area. Luckily RC's XL is just enough wear I can wear it without worrying about shortness in the torso area.

5. Michaelm93

Michaelm93 Active Member

Anyone know a shop that still has lightweight crewnecks from SS15? Looking for the "Heather Ash" in especially.

6. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

i (largely) stopped giving a shit about most labels a while ago now so all i pretty much wear these days is uniqlo, RC + the occasional wtaps jacket or something. at this stage i own 5x RC pieces, however my tiger fleece trackpants have pilled like crazy after only a few wears. has anyone else experienced this? my tiger fleece pullover hood doesn't have the same problem. wish they had a back pocket as well. i want to give the sweatshorts a go but i think the inseam is too long.

edit: interesting reading peoples opinions on sizing. i'm 6'1/165ish lb and all my tops are M, both pairs of sweatpants are S. i can't imagine how huge a M must be if you're 5'6...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

7. ursman

ursman Senior member

Maybe one of these days I will post a photo on the fit of the Medium. I think a doctor told me a long time ago I actually had a regular sized torso. What do I know? The Medium fits great on me... guess it's my short legs that make me 5'6"!

I have an XL Everlast Hoodie of theirs (with the NY on the front). Yes. It's massive on me. But it's my ultimate "lounge around the apartment and hang out" shirt.

8. johnnykicks

I just got my core pullover and love the fit and feel of the hoodie, I'm 6'3 190 and honestly the XL is perfect but I def couldn't fit a L maybe I have a long torso idk but if the XL was one inch shorter it would be too short. I do like long length on my tops though so that may be a personal bias, the pullover feels slimmer than the zip up which I like a lot. I just hope that it doesn't shrink at all in the wash. I'm gonna use light detergent and wash in cold for a short cycle then hang dry so I feel pretty confident that I will be ok since the quality and construction of this Cotton is better than anything I have seen to date. My next purchase will prob be a lighter outer-shell windbreaker that I saw @Understudy post on IG (can't remember the name of it) from RC F/W 15 collection to go with my pullover for the colder/rainy winter weather.

9. Understudy

Understudy Senior member

10. johnnykicks

I can't say I'm much of a vest man, due to my height and shoulder width every one I have found just doesn't taper right on my body. This is actually the one I had in mind, "Powerdry Hybrid Bomber" from this post https://instagram.com/p/8mOkw8vC7p/?taken-by=understudyshop

Whats retail on this piece? Also can't tell from the pics, is it full nylon or does it have some stretch to it?

11. Understudy

Understudy Senior member

12. verver

verver Active Member

I'm 5"10" and 153- have the core hoodie in small and the fit is perfect. About to pull trigger on the tiger fleece hoodie. What size should I get? Heard tiger fleece is slimmer, so should I get a medium?

13. ursman

ursman Senior member

I would recommend a Medium to you anyway. I think you may find that the Medium is a better fit for you over the small.

Where are you purchasing from? I would look at some of the US stockists so returns aren't an issue for you. East Dane is pretty great... Especially if you are an avid Amazon user.

14. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Wish RC would release some Olive colored pieces for the upcoming FW season. Olive hoodie and olive LS would be nice.

15. ursman

ursman Senior member

Hard to guess. I've been following their releases now for two full years. Each season they seem to find a signature color. For example, Spring/Summer 2015 was Teal. Fall/Winter 2015 was Burgundy (Blood). If you've noticed... Olive and Burgundy are big releases for this Fall/Winter season across MANY designers. We can expect a signature color to be released... just not sure if it would be in the green family.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015