• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reigning Champ Thread

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

@johnnykicks
 I've never had an issue with drying time or mildew with my RC midweight pieces. I've even thrown a shirt into a tumble dry and didn't notice any shrinking. This brand is really easy to care for and lasts a long time. Also just putting it out there - our prices are in CAD (approx 77 cents USD), and we have free shipping to USA for orders over $150 ;)

This has been our experience too - Reigning Champ midweight / core program stuff is ultra shrink resistant. i've machine washed / dried 2-3 pieces multiple times each and they really haven't changed their shape.

they really are the best sweatshirts for the money if you want high value. Geller will be more luxurious and softer for 3x the price, but RC is easily the best in it's price bracket.

johnnykicks

Reaction score
@johnnykicks I've never had an issue with drying time or mildew with my RC midweight pieces. I've even thrown a shirt into a tumble dry and didn't notice any shrinking. This brand is really easy to care for and lasts a long time. Also just putting it out there - our prices are in CAD (approx 77 cents USD), and we have free shipping to USA for orders over $150 ;)

Quote:
Thanks guy, this purchase will be my first step into the realm of higher end cotton I guess you could say lol I've always bought cheaper blends never really giving much thought to it cause I liked the look of the brand. With my 25th bday around the corner I have come to realize that quality should outweigh quantity and decided to rethink my style and start anew with an emphasis on durability and craftsmanship. With colder weather approaching I wanted to pick up a basic all around hoodie sweatshirt that I could wear with anything and layer easily, thought Reigning Champ with its price and reputation would be a good place to start. I have heard of Geller before but where im at right now, being new to higher end brands and clothing I think btw $300-400 per outfit for the fall/winter is where ill find the staples to build a solid wardrobe. I'll def check out you guys at Understudy ur right about the currency exchange, and Portland Dry Goods I hope to see more of your upcoming collections I really dig what I have seen in the past.

ursman

Reaction score
I'm a huge supporter of the RC brand. In the past year I've purchased multiple midweight pieces and some of their hybrids. I've also been very keen on finding sales on many of their pieces through multiple sites. Some of the pieces I've purchased on sale feel like "steals." I keep coming back because the quality is top notch. It's not the easiest pieces to wear as a fashion statement.. but I've gone so far as to wear my hybrid gear to the gym and it performs exceptionally.

The midweight core pieces that I own are just... wonderful. I even have a blanket. If you are looking to spend a little extra money on higher end cotton (terry) pieces... RC would be the first company I implore someone to try out.

Just my two cents - their fit is pretty spot on. I find it to fit just about true... to slightly smaller. I'm 5'6" and 160 pounds and feel very comfortable in a Medium. As far as care goes - I am always very wary of cotton in the washer. I do a cold wash and air dry. Safe bet. I have experimented with anything else.

johnnykicks

Reaction score
I'm a huge supporter of the RC brand. In the past year I've purchased multiple midweight pieces and some of their hybrids. I've also been very keen on finding sales on many of their pieces through multiple sites. Some of the pieces I've purchased on sale feel like "steals." I keep coming back because the quality is top notch. It's not the easiest pieces to wear as a fashion statement.. but I've gone so far as to wear my hybrid gear to the gym and it performs exceptionally.

The midweight core pieces that I own are just... wonderful. I even have a blanket. If you are looking to spend a little extra money on higher end cotton (terry) pieces... RC would be the first company I implore someone to try out.

Just my two cents - their fit is pretty spot on. I find it to fit just about true... to slightly smaller. I'm 5'6" and 160 pounds and feel very comfortable in a Medium. As far as care goes - I am always very wary of cotton in the washer. I do a cold wash and air dry. Safe bet. I have experimented with anything else.

Thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to my core pullover hoodie getting here soon. It sounds like you fall into the majority with the Medium being a perfect fit. For me though I always have to be vary of sizing and usually length of garments is my biggest concern, I'm 6'3 so anything under 29-30 inches feels to short lol. There's lots of brands I like but cant wear most of their pieces because the only size they make which looks long enough is usually too baggy in the chest or waist area. Luckily RC's XL is just enough wear I can wear it without worrying about shortness in the torso area.

Michaelm93

Reaction score
Anyone know a shop that still has lightweight crewnecks from SS15? Looking for the "Heather Ash" in especially.

conqueror

Reaction score
i (largely) stopped giving a **** about most labels a while ago now so all i pretty much wear these days is uniqlo, RC + the occasional wtaps jacket or something. at this stage i own 5x RC pieces, however my tiger fleece trackpants have pilled like crazy after only a few wears. has anyone else experienced this? my tiger fleece pullover hood doesn't have the same problem. wish they had a back pocket as well. i want to give the sweatshorts a go but i think the inseam is too long.

edit: interesting reading peoples opinions on sizing. i'm 6'1/165ish lb and all my tops are M, both pairs of sweatpants are S. i can't imagine how huge a M must be if you're 5'6...

Last edited:

ursman

Reaction score
Maybe one of these days I will post a photo on the fit of the Medium. I think a doctor told me a long time ago I actually had a regular sized torso. What do I know? The Medium fits great on me... guess it's my short legs that make me 5'6"!

I have an XL Everlast Hoodie of theirs (with the NY on the front). Yes. It's massive on me. But it's my ultimate "lounge around the apartment and hang out" shirt.

johnnykicks

Reaction score
i (largely) stopped giving a **** about most labels a while ago now so all i pretty much wear these days is uniqlo, RC + the occasional wtaps jacket or something. at this stage i own 5x RC pieces, however my tiger fleece trackpants have pilled like crazy after only a few wears. has anyone else experienced this? my tiger fleece pullover hood doesn't have the same problem. wish they had a back pocket as well. i want to give the sweatshorts a go but i think the inseam is too long.

edit: interesting reading peoples opinions on sizing. i'm 6'1/165ish lb and all my tops are M, both pairs of sweatpants are S. i can't imagine how huge a M must be if you're 5'6...

I just got my core pullover and love the fit and feel of the hoodie, I'm 6'3 190 and honestly the XL is perfect but I def couldn't fit a L maybe I have a long torso idk but if the XL was one inch shorter it would be too short. I do like long length on my tops though so that may be a personal bias, the pullover feels slimmer than the zip up which I like a lot. I just hope that it doesn't shrink at all in the wash. I'm gonna use light detergent and wash in cold for a short cycle then hang dry so I feel pretty confident that I will be ok since the quality and construction of this Cotton is better than anything I have seen to date. My next purchase will prob be a lighter outer-shell windbreaker that I saw @Understudy post on IG (can't remember the name of it) from RC F/W 15 collection to go with my pullover for the colder/rainy winter weather.

johnnykicks

Reaction score

verver

Reaction score
I'm 5"10" and 153- have the core hoodie in small and the fit is perfect. About to pull trigger on the tiger fleece hoodie. What size should I get? Heard tiger fleece is slimmer, so should I get a medium?

ursman

Reaction score
I would recommend a Medium to you anyway. I think you may find that the Medium is a better fit for you over the small.

Where are you purchasing from? I would look at some of the US stockists so returns aren't an issue for you. East Dane is pretty great... Especially if you are an avid Amazon user.

ASpec818

Reaction score
Wish RC would release some Olive colored pieces for the upcoming FW season. Olive hoodie and olive LS would be nice.

ursman

Reaction score
Hard to guess. I've been following their releases now for two full years. Each season they seem to find a signature color. For example, Spring/Summer 2015 was Teal. Fall/Winter 2015 was Burgundy (Blood). If you've noticed... Olive and Burgundy are big releases for this Fall/Winter season across MANY designers. We can expect a signature color to be released... just not sure if it would be in the green family.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads