Reigning Champ Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Distorbiant, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

My crew neck has a stretch fabric along the side seams. It's their 100% heavyweight fleece crew sweatshirt though.

They add the same stretch in a gusset for the sweatpants so the crotch threads dont get torn.

Great design.

2. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    I find the cotton/poly (tiger fleece/terry) and the heavyweight have much less natural stretch in the fabric than the midweight. generally our rule of thumb is that those fit "slim" and that the midweight is more true to size due to it's stretchier nature. as Distorbiant said they all feature some nice design tweaks that really help them stay comfortable even when fitted. The side seams are great, and the split raglan sleeve really helps in the shoulders.

stretch nylon is a whole different thing, and the new power dry fabric aswell (from sea to sky)

3. Understudy

Understudy Senior member

We've received the latest Lightweight Terry Crewnecks and Raglan Sleeve tees which are in-store now and will be available online next week. Love the lightweight Crewnecks and Hoodies for Spring/Summer.

[​IMG]

4. Donegin

Donegin Member

I bought a hoddie recently, great Brand, I love the fit and quality

5. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Just picked up a long sleeve raglan t. The fit and material is spot on. Will pickup a lightweight crew next. Hopefully the fit is similar.

6. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Senior member

I cant find any of the lightweight hoodies in store to try on how much of a difference is there btw the mid & light hoodies/pullovers? I'm assuming the same fit and size but with less cotton? Idk much about cotton lingo lol

7. Understudy

Understudy Senior member

@johnnykicks The lightweight pieces were from the spring summer season - so they are likely hard to find now. The lightweight cotton is in between the weight of an average t-shirt and a standard (midweight) sweatshirt.

8. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Senior member

No worries I was just curious cause I wanted to get something that I could wear more often than a midweight hoddie in the fall time since I live in Atlanta and the past couple years it doesnt get cold here til December at the earliest lol. I'm gonna go with your core pullover hoodie that I found at one of your retailers here in the U.S. Any recommendations for care and washing? I'm gonna line dry so as not to shrink the cotton but since this sweat is a thicker cut than most cheaper fleece blends im a little concerned about how long it might take to dry, I don't want to risk it getting a mildew smell or anything from sitting in the dark washroom for 24+ hours.

9. zwyf

zwyf Member

Dumb question incoming but I'm a student so bare with me as this is a struggle [​IMG]

How do you guys wash your RC sweaters?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Washing machine.

11. zwyf

zwyf Member

I just wanna know if there's any way I'll fuck them up in the washing machine

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

12. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

A few general tips on laundry that I would have appreciated as a student:

• Use gentle cycle on your machine for everything except really soiled clothes
    • Use detergent with no bleach and no enzymes
    • Turn your clothes inside out before washing
    • Use the dryer sparingly (ex. for towels and sheets, not clothes)

13. zwyf

zwyf Member

Cheers mate. Will the temperature have an effect on the sweaters? I've heard some people claiming their rc stuff shrunk slightly in the wash and I definitely want to avoid that.

14. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

You're usually safe with cold water though I can't say if Reigning Champ clothes are sensitive to temperature.

The other tip I forgot was to cut down on the recommended amount of detergent. It's like toothpaste; you should use about 1/2 of the directed volume.

15. Understudy

Understudy Senior member

@johnnykicks I've never had an issue with drying time or mildew with my RC midweight pieces. I've even thrown a shirt into a tumble dry and didn't notice any shrinking. This brand is really easy to care for and lasts a long time. Also just putting it out there - our prices are in CAD (approx 77 cents USD), and we have free shipping to USA for orders over $150 ;)