• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reheel and sole protector - how does it look?

nobrogue

Reaction score
I recently had a new heel and sole protector put on a pair of shoes for the first time and would like to get some opinions on the quality of my cobbler. There looks like there's some small space between the topheel and heel, and the same is true for the sole protector, but I don't think there's actually any real space and I'm guessing it can't be perfect. Should I try someone else for my next pair or did this guy do a decent job?

photo3zlq.jpg

photo1en.jpg

photo2hiy.jpg

Last edited:

lostron

Reaction score
it looks fine from the pics.. Most cobblers use cement adhesive to bond the rubber with the shoe and apply pressure to it. As you wear them the layers will bond stronger.

A better way to judge the work is to wear the shoe for a few weeks and see if the material is peeling or if it feels uncomfortable walking on them.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Styleforum.
They look acceptable. Did you opt for this instead of a resole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics