• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regular Fit Chinos

aizan

Reaction score
It seems that slim fit and low rise go hand in hand, which makes wearing belts uncomfortable and keeping some shirts tucked in difficult (at least for me). I'm looking for chinos where the waistband clears the hip bone and sits directly over the waist.

What's available that is the same quality as Unis, Left Field, RRL, etc.? Made in USA preferred, but not a must. I should add that navy blue and light taupe are at the top of my list for colors, not the usual khaki, stone, or British tan, though feel free to post anything you're aware of. If that weren't the case, I would just get chinos from Bill's Khakis or Jack Donnelly.

aizan

Reaction score
anybody have experience with buzz rickson chinos?

- original spec

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Lands End Canvas Comer 608 chinos the other day. the fit is awesome and the quality is just as good as the wings + horns with the slight edge to LEC because w+h button stitches are something they never fixed.

aizan

Reaction score
those are slim fit, not regular fit.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh yes my fault. I did see some elston in straight fit at the store

aizan

Reaction score
olive chinos from john lofgren & co. too bad they don't make them in my size. =(

http://www.speedway-shop.com/product/1167

aizan

Reaction score
hmm, the edwin 55 chinos are described as having either a low front rise or a regular rise, and a relaxed, tapered fit. not sure about this one.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orvis slim fit ultimate khakis! got 5 pairs...

aizan

Reaction score
are they slim fit, or are they actually regular fit, just slimmer than what an orvis customer is used to?

norse projects aros heavy chino: they say it has a "classic high rise," but the measurements indicate a low rise. :facepalm:
http://www.norsestore.com/commodity/12373

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are "slim for being orvis", that is regular fit. However, I really like the cut which has straight hips (no flaring), high rise and tapered legs (nothing insane though). The fabric on the Orvis chinos are great aswell, really heavy which is great for me, but perhaps less so for you in LA...

They actually fit a bit like the Norse chinos http://caliroots.se/c-store/product.asp?id=35359 but less tapered and with higher rise (i.e., the cut for hips and thighs is similar)

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's an acceptable rise and leg opening size for you? 11 inches for a rise and 9 for leg opening? Too many web sites don't give accurate measurements or none at all for clothes. You think they would to cut down on returns.

aizan

Reaction score
i hate that about online shopping, too. some places have good customer service, which makes a huge difference.

my trouser size is 28x30, and i find that an 11.75'' front rise and an 8'' leg opening are ideal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads