• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regretting non-purchases

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
What did you guys regret not picking up when you saw it or when it was around? I'm so mad I couldn't find the rag bone safari jacket, every time I look at the pic I get mad
mad.gif

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
january 2004 shopping at "fidelio's" while in zurich
helmut lang jeans for CHF49.99

i should have stocked up on classic cut raw denim knowing what i know now about the demise of helmut lang

Reaction score
i rarely regret non-purchases----i am stumped. i reserve regret for non-essential or overpriced things i've bought.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i regret not getting a vasecotmy after my split from my ex-wife. besides that, no.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i reserve regret for non-essential or overpriced things i've bought.

me too. It's been a while since I've had a non-purchase regret...I can't remember what the item was, but I do remember my gf getting tired of hearing me whine about it.

Max

Reaction score
A crucifix lighter. You pulled down one arm of the crucifix and fire came out of jesus' head. It was awesome.

Reaction score
^ that would have gone perfect with my old buddies bong made from a plastic baby jesus stolen from a nativity scene------it seemed to glow when it was in use

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually just let things go, but I saw an EG boiled wool engineer jacket in B&S here before anyone else and passed it over because it wasn't the Norfolk or the Bedford. Seemed really dumb, in retrospect.

Babar

Reaction score
Well, this week I kinda regret not pulling the trigger on this hoodie. I haven't seen it IRL so it may not be all that, but if the fit is right, I think it would be great. It just seems so lush, and the color pairs nicely with dark denim. Also, this belt caught my attention, but my size was sold before I clicked on it so it doesn't really count.
smile.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Not buying the heavily-discounted RRDS up on shopjake because I figured I "had enough jeans for now"...d'oh.

Also, last time I was in Havana kids were walking around with University of Havana tshirts that looked amazing but after talking with several people, the university bookstore was either closed or being remodeled. I still have dreams about that shirt.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
I regret not getting a "Bulldog Coffee Shop" tee when I was in Amsterdam. I got **** for everybody else on that trip, but I got nothing but half-memories.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ang_kangkong
I regret not getting a "Bulldog Coffee Shop" tee when I was in Amsterdam. I got **** for everybody else on that trip, but I got nothing but half-memories.
lol

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I regret not picking up the Yoko Devereaux cashmere hooded sportsjacket from FW04. I will most likely regret not picking up the Nom de Guerre M65 from this year as well. Both regrets will be attributed to insufficient funds. Sigh, story of my life.

A bunch of you guys should regret not having picked up one of the Engineered Garments for Styleforum belts, either in the blue or henna color. I think that the Blue is cooler and more unique, but the henna is more beautiful. Maybe I regret not picking up both for myself...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You! It was you! You got the EG jacket I passed up! On the altar of god, I pledge undying hostility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads