1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Reggae

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by alaaro, Mar 7, 2005.

1. v0rtex

v0rtex Senior member

"Max Romeo and The Upsetters - War ina Babylon" is fantastic. Their track "Chase the Devil" was sampled by The Prodigy for "Outer Space", so you'll probably recognise it as that track gets played everywhere.

Apart from that, check out some of the dub artists like Lee Scratch Perry and Mad Professor.

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

Other than Bob Marley, Steel Pulse is my all-time favorite. I've been listening to Babylon the Bandit, etc. since I was in college in the mid-to-late 80s and never tire of it. I like Eek-A-Mouse too.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Ah. Phenomenal. I like your style, man. The best collection for the early Marley/Tosh wailers stuff is: http://www.amazon.com/exec....8725645 That may be my favorite album, ever. Just outstanding. Early ska and rock steady mixing with American stuff coming over the radio waves, such as doo-wop, rock and gospel, and morphing into something unique and lovely. Some songs could practically be precursors to Getz/Gilberto. I can't recommend it highly enough.