1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Reggae Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by oneeightyseven, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

some good suggestions. thanks guys.

2. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. cozilla

cozilla Active Member

4. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Ras Trent in the house!

5. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I used to be a huge fan of ska and reggae back in the day...

Augustus Pablo
    Peter Tosh
    Desmond Dekker
    The Skatalites
    Steel Pulse
    Eek A Mouse
    The Ethiopians
    Alton Ellis
    Toots and The Maytals

The list could go on.

I actually saw Toots a few years ago. He was amazing... Dancing around and doing splits even at his old age. During a pause, my buddy yells out a request, "Pomps and Pride!" He tilts his head and thinks for a minute... "Ok," he says, and they blast into the song. It was an awesome night.

... Wait, how could I forget Laurel Aitken. Just too many artists to name.

6. Babar

Babar Senior member

I really like the somewhat eccentric Brit Finley Quaye and especially his second album Vanguard. That one was a true masterpiece and definitely one of the best recent reggae albums I've listened to.

Otherwise I second the recommendation for Horace Andy.

7. chuck schick

chuck schick Senior member

Toots and the Maytals "Johnny Coolman" came on as I got on the bike at the gym this morning. Started the day out right!