1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by David Reeves, Sep 13, 2013.

1. OxxfordSJLINY

OxxfordSJLINY Well-Known Member

Coram, New York, United States of America, 11767

I haven't seen you do a 6 X 5 button SB vest (where the 6th button is recessed) in a while, David.

IMO, the 6 X 5 button SB vest is the best vest style for a suit. Even more so when this vest style has the following details: a notch or shawl lapel, pick stitching in all of the correct areas, four straight welt pockets with no flap, no security pocket design and no tab and double forward pleats going from under the bottom of the welt of the upper pocket to under the top of the pocket lining of the lower pocket.

2. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

Of course. I'm in six days a week and I do late appointments so quite easy to get hold of even though you can't just walk in. My email is: david@davidreevesbespoke.com

3. David Reeves

4. David Reeves

Heres something you don't see much even on very high end bespoke suits, a collar attached the lapel front by hand:

[​IMG]

Along the seam you have to look closely to see tiny hand stitches on a Top Maker Bespoke suit.

2 people like this.
  5. OxxfordSJLINY

Actually, all Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors attach coat and jacket collars to the lapels by hand.

Savile Row tailors Ozwald Boateng, Anthony J. Hewitt, Richard James, Maurice Sedwell, Steed and another Savile Row tailor (whose name I forget) also attach coat and jacket collars to the lapels by hand. Raffaelli and (IIRC) Giliberto & Sons offers this (and hand padded canvassing) as extra cost options.

All of the bespoke tailors in this country that are (and, in some cases, such as Centofanti and Trabalza, were) Italian and other Continental European immigrants (such as Georges DeParis and a German immigrant in Seattle named Sigmund whose last name I forget) do this, too. And, Americans that are any amount of Italian and/or other Continental European national descents (such as Franco Ercole) as well as Rory Duffy, Will Field and Jack Taylor also attach coat and jacket collars to the lapels by hand.

I know all of the above because I have seen many pictures and videos of all of the bespoke tailors mentioned above with the coat and jacket collars being attached to the lapels by hand. All of this was also stated in all of the videos and many of the pictures. Many of these videos were translated to English due to being in a language other than English.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  6. David Reeves

That's still a relatively short and illustrious list of makers (two of whom I have worked with). It's not a unique feature but then I suppose those makers are trumpeting it as well. I wouldn't go as far to say that all European and Japanese makers do it.

7. OxxfordSJLINY

Actually, half of the Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors do, in fact, offer coat and jacket collars attached to the lapels along with hand padded canvassing as extra cost options. For the other half of the Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors, coat and jacket collars attached to the lapels along with hand padded canvassing are mandatory. So all of this handwork is not mandatory with all Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors. You're right about that. However, they all do offer it.

All of the above is also stated in all of the videos and many of the pictures that I mentioned earlier that I have seen. I should have mentioned all of this before (sorry about that).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  8. David Reeves

Inspiration:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit is made from Dormeuil Royal 12.

Unfiltered and original size:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  9. David Reeves

Donegal Tweed with leather elbow patches

[​IMG]

10. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

That is lovely.

I will attempt to post pictures of my suit this week.

11. David Reeves

Cool, that was a very nice suit. Have you worn it yet?

12. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

No, picked up pants yesterday.

13. David Reeves

Friends of David Reeves, shoemakers George Cleverley are in NYC right now. They are holding appointments at the Barclay intercontinental hotel until the 7th. I'm picking up my second pair of bespoke shoes from them hopefully tomorrow, namely a pair of navy chelsea boots.

Aside from Bespoke they also have off the rack.

You can find out more about these great shoemakers here:

http://www.gjcleverley.co.uk

14. David Reeves

Heres my first pair

[​IMG]

Churchhill style.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  15. David Reeves

16. David Reeves

Bespoke pattern matching:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. David Reeves

Made to measure sale finishes this time next week. Im busting some serious hours at the shop fitting clients. I am doing appointments from early 8.00A.m until 9.00P.M all this week.

18. David Reeves

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  19. David Reeves

All booked up until Monday and Tuesday with the MTM sale. If anyone can't make it in, but would like to order in the sale, I can take payments over the phone and book you in at a later date.

20. David Reeves

Monday is nearly booked.