1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by David Reeves, Sep 13, 2013.

1. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Most of them get the "real" roll 3 button rather than the 3 roll 2.

2. David Reeves

Its a brand new book that came out in the U.S yesterday. It is the new Amadeus 365 Sport coat book. You can see all the Dormeuil cloths online here:

http://www.dormeuil.com/en/cloth-collection/detailed-collection/

3. David Reeves

Molloy and sons, This tweed will probably be the last until next fall. Arrived in good time its a heavy 18 oz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

That looks great, how would you compare this 18oz Malloy & Sons tweed vs the Porter and Harding 14oz tweeds you've made and posted a little while back? Any major difference or just a little added warmth and a bit more texture?

5. David Reeves

It is quite soft like the Porter and Harding but certainly thicker which makes it rather cozy to wear. I wore it out last night and didn't feel uncomfortable with the the weight at all. I think it would make an especially nice overcoat.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  6. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

That sounds awesome! I'll be thinking about placing that order in August for sure. Weird to be thinking about next winter when I wish this one was over.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Any movement toward the online store?

8. David Reeves

It's something I still want to do, but been extremely busy with bespoke work over the past 12 months, especially with clients buying multiple items at once. It's a good problem to have though!

I moved into a bigger office this past month and kept my old one, this may be used for admin and to service the online store.

9. David Reeves

Well August would be the time to order a coat, it's all about forward thinking with custom clothing, I ordered a summer jacket for myself last week.

10. hippotamus

hippotamus Senior member

Where does David Reese order his own stuff ?
    And what are you making ?

I am also sourcing some linen (or fresco ? mohair ?) at the moment and hoping to make a safari jacket / shirt jacket atm
    Also just gave my tailor some fresco for a jacket

11. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

I definitely don't mind the forward planning, just have to suspend the notion of instant gratification but once you get a few orders in its almost the same thing because stuff just show up. For me I prefer the freedom to choose the specifics that I want, particularly choosing from the unique fabrics you offer, it really elevates the end result and those fabrics are rarely available off the rack and never in the way I want them. Speaking of which Im looking forward to seeing some of the new summer stuff, Im ready to start forward planning and wishing it weren't in the single digits here. Any new stuff stand out like the silk/linen Dormeuil you had last year?

12. David Reeves

You know I often toy with the idea of doing a safari jacket or shirt. I remember YSL did a great one that had a more military looking collar about 10 years ago, it was beige and paired with dark brown trousers, but then I always like military styled clothing.

As for where do I get my own stuff, well everything that I wear is my own brand unless it is something that I don't make. So anything that is tailoring be it a coat, suit, jacket or trouser you see me wearing its always David Reeves, same for any shirt.

Everything else I tend to get from Turnbull and Asser (scarves, socks, ties), A.P.C (Jeans, knitwear) and Fred Perry (polo shirts, casual clothes). I also like Drakes and Charvet for ties and accessories.

Right now for myself I am making things up for the summer, I have an air force blue lightweight wool suit and a plaid sport coat (made from this cloth) in make.

[​IMG]

I think it is very important to not only make up these types of clothes but also to experience wearing them as a client would so you can always give the best advice you can from personal experience.

3 people like this.
  13. David Reeves

14. David Reeves

Yes indeed. I always get new and interesting cloths in every season. This past winter season there was a focus on tweeds from Molloy and Sons and also Harris tweed. For Spring (Re right now) this year I have very strong offerings from Zegna, especially in 100% silk suitings. Dormeuil, Scabal and Loro Piana have some very nice cloths as usual, some of the wool suitings in the 6 oz weight mixed with silk are very nice.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  15. David Reeves

His and Hers

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

interesting

17. David Reeves

Grey Flannel, probably one of the last of the MTMs.

[​IMG]

18. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

David, have you ever made a mohair sport coat?

19. David Reeves

Actually last spring I did 2 claret colored mohair sport coats. It was that typical thing were you make something interesting and its on your rack and another client sees it, falls in love with it, asks for the same garment.

I don't use mohair a lot for sport coats though as it is a more "dressy" cloth, people seem to want dressy suits and more casual sport coats from me at least.

20. David Reeves

Fitting this morning.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.