Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by David Reeves, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

How many fittings would you need for a 2-piece or just a jacket? Would it be possible to do it in 4 weeks and ship the finished product to the UK?

2. David Reeves

David Reeves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I am basing it on the idea of 1 fitting so two visits by the client and then it can be either shipped (for a fee) or picked up. International shipping is fine by me but you would have to pick up the duties. the main problem I see is that very tough turn around time, 5 weeks is more likely but 4 weeks does not give us a lot to work with. I could turn out a bespoke in 5 weeks now if I saw you tomorrow or Saturday.

3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thank you for your reply. Seems like that's not going to work for me, as I only have 4 weeks. I understand it isn't a lot of time, and I certainly don't want to rush you. Maybe another time.

EDIT: would a pair of trousers be possible?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

They only look good with a specific kind of higher-heeled shoe.

5. David Reeves

Same deal I am afraid. With the garments made locally I can get in there and move things along (physically if I have to). With the MTM It is more about sending an order off and then it is produced efficiently in the time allotted that they stipulate and then it is shipped to me. Rush orders on an MTM level would simply clog up an efficient system.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

6. borbor

borbor Senior member

7. GuP

GuP Senior member

Nvm.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014

8. ShadoWing

ShadoWing Member

Hi David,

Just reading up on your reviews here and I'm interested in getting a 2-piece suit made, a sports coat, and maybe several trousers. I was wondering about the cut they're taking out of Gilt City and would rather get it from you directly so as to keep as much profit for yourself. Was wondering how that pricing would work out?

Thanks

9. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I read somewhere that Gilt keeps a ~1/3 but I could be wrong.

10. GuP

GuP Senior member

David I have the same question as ShadoWing - would rather deal directly with you and interested in commissioning a classic navy or charcoal MTM 2pc suit.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014

11. David Reeves

Thank you for your consideration Shado, I won't be selling this offer directly to clients or independent of Gilt but you may want to set up an appointment to discuss your requirements before making a purchase.

12. GuP

GuP Senior member

Thanks for the update.

Are there any differences in the process of manufacturing MTM if one goes through Gilt as opposed to dealing directly with you?

One more question via edit : are your MTM suit jackets full or half canvass?

13. David Reeves

A lot of people when they see my work in the flesh go for the Bespoke option and of course there are advantages to this service. Last night for example a client was looking at doing MTM but he had a tough delivery date so he decided to go Bespoke (this service has a faster turnaround than MTM at the moment).

As far as MTM on Gilt, the Gilt offer is very solid and if you are looking for a good deal on MTM I recommend you take advantage of it.

MTM is full canvas.

14. GuP

GuP Senior member

The MTM offer does indeed look to be very solid on Gilt. If bespoke was an option at the present, you can rest assured your name would be towards the top of a short list.

Would you recommend a fitting/consultation in person before one opts for the Gilt MTM?

Edit - another ? - Is the "Gilt MTM" any different than your regular MTM offered all year?

15. David Reeves

I actually stopped doing MTM a while ago to concentrate on bespoke work. I always have the capability to do MTM and it may come back as a standard feature in the future.