• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

redwing factory seconds

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On ebay, there's some stores selling factory seconds of 875 boots. What are the quality of factory seconds? Is there a major or minor difference in quality?Are they a good buy at $50 to $100?

Reaction score
i just checked it out----------looks like a great deal to me.
i would think that the imperfections are superficial and minor, and totally irrelevant when you take into account that these are rugged boots that will look better beaten up.

i am tempted.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife

i am tempted.

Me too, I've always wanted a pair. How does the sizing run?

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, but you are aware that those are not the real pics right? That's why im a little skeptic.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I´ve gotten some RW factory seconds on ebay. 875s with some scuffing of the leather, nothing you´ll really notice. Some 2917s where the elastic hade come loose from the leather for like half an inch, really easy for the cobbler to fix. Mostly I think there´s some imperfection of the leather.

blackgrass

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the seconds boots on ebay....no problems. Mine has a very small **** in the leather trim around the collar of the boot. Doesn't seem to affect the boot in any way at all. Mine are just a little too large so I may end up reselling them. I forget the model number but they are the lace to toe model like the Wesco or Lone Wolf boots. They are 11.5 US. I would say they run pretty true to size. If someone wants a killer deal on them hit me up with a PM.

2902.jpg

I think the model is the 2902

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd bite; they look better beaten up anyway, so the way I see it you're getting a great deal and a head start.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
I´ve gotten some RW factory seconds on ebay. 875s with some scuffing of the leather, nothing you´ll really notice. Some 2917s where the elastic hade come loose from the leather for like half an inch, really easy for the cobbler to fix. Mostly I think there´s some imperfection of the leather.

Was the construction of the 875 on par with standard store bought redwings?
Was the leather the same quality except for the scuff?

I don't really think trashed boots are any better looking than new ones.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My impression is that construction and such are exactly the same, but that they notice some tiny imperfection late in the production process, making them seconds.

I LOVE the 2902, hade a pair but unfortnaly too big aswell. Sold them to my dad
smile.gif
Will be getting a black pair soon though.

SJC83

Reaction score
I was going that route, but I got my 875's from a store, not a red wing store for $160.

Ott

Reaction score
Anyone know how the 1911s are sized? I've been looking for a pair forever and cultizm finally has them in stock for a reasonable price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads