• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Redwing Beckman Boots.. where do I fix the sole?

vootzilla

Reaction score
I have my Redwing Beckman in Chestnut for over a year and the sole at the back heel is starting to run out of rubber there... how or where could I hv them fixed? Any normal shoes repairman could do it rite?

thanks

eightdouble

Reaction score
any shoe repair place could do that. some are better than others, some are more expensive than others, but all should be able to do it.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
You could also take them to the local Red Wing place, which will send it into be repaired.

vootzilla

Reaction score
thx for the tips.. i'll probably go with local repairman since it's only the sole at the heel and couldn't be so hard for any one who knows what he's doing...

citamlli

Reaction score
I want to put a vibram christy cole in my beckmans, any idea where i could get it done in New York?

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
You could also take them to the local Red Wing place, which will send it into be repaired.

Actually they won't. The Redwing shops here have a resole catalog they use and the "heritage collection" isn't in it for resole styles. The only thing close was the iron ranger soles. The Beckman soles weren't offered as I really wanted to resole my 2970s to have them.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should definitely NOT do anything elaborate to get the heel replaced. Go to any cobbler, ask to see what heels they use for repairs, if it looks fine, then go for it.

There is nothing special about the stock red wing heel unless you are putting it away for museum status

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i believe you can fix it in the redwing thread, any 19 of them

CounselorStyle

Reaction score
Reviving this thread, since google suggests it's the most appropriate one for my question:

What exactly is the Beckman sole? Is it some sort of single sole, part leather and part rubber? Or is there a leather midsole stitched to the welt, with a rubber outsole stitched to the midsole (It certainly isn't the more common rubber glued to leather, because of the stitching visible on the sole)? Is this something that can be done with other leather-soled boots by a competent cobbler?

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread, since google suggests it's the most appropriate one for my question:

What exactly is the Beckman sole? Is it some sort of single sole, part leather and part rubber? Or is there a leather midsole stitched to the welt, with a rubber outsole stitched to the midsole (It certainly isn't the more common rubber glued to leather, because of the stitching visible on the sole)? Is this something that can be done with other leather-soled boots by a competent cobbler?

i believe you can find out in the redwing thread, any 190 of them.

CounselorStyle

Reaction score
i believe you can find out in the redwing thread, any 190 of them.
You mean, for example, this thread here? Or are threads utilizing the title 'Redwing' and discussing solely RW products generally about something else? And if so, how do I know which ones are Redwing threads?

Edit: Please forgive this forum newbie for attempting to post a question in what google strongly suggests is the most appropriate thread in the entire history of styleforum for it https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&...450,d.eWU&fp=3f81c2a8d2a7a7bc&biw=753&bih=582 .

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads