1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Redwing Beckman Boots.. where do I fix the sole?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by vootzilla, Nov 23, 2010.

1. vootzilla

vootzilla Active Member

I have my Redwing Beckman in Chestnut for over a year and the sole at the back heel is starting to run out of rubber there... how or where could I hv them fixed? Any normal shoes repairman could do it rite?

thanks

2. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior member

any shoe repair place could do that. some are better than others, some are more expensive than others, but all should be able to do it.

3. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

You could also take them to the local Red Wing place, which will send it into be repaired.

4. vootzilla

vootzilla Active Member

thx for the tips.. i'll probably go with local repairman since it's only the sole at the heel and couldn't be so hard for any one who knows what he's doing...

5. citamlli

citamlli Member

I want to put a vibram christy cole in my beckmans, any idea where i could get it done in New York?

6. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Senior member

You could also take them to the local Red Wing place, which will send it into be repaired.

Actually they won't. The Redwing shops here have a resole catalog they use and the "heritage collection" isn't in it for resole styles. The only thing close was the iron ranger soles. The Beckman soles weren't offered as I really wanted to resole my 2970s to have them.

7. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

You should definitely NOT do anything elaborate to get the heel replaced. Go to any cobbler, ask to see what heels they use for repairs, if it looks fine, then go for it.

There is nothing special about the stock red wing heel unless you are putting it away for museum status

8. jet

jet Senior member

i believe you can fix it in the redwing thread, any 19 of them

1 person likes this.
  9. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

i believe you can fix it in the redwing thread, any 19 of them

lol,

10. CounselorStyle

CounselorStyle Well-Known Member

Reviving this thread, since google suggests it's the most appropriate one for my question:

What exactly is the Beckman sole? Is it some sort of single sole, part leather and part rubber? Or is there a leather midsole stitched to the welt, with a rubber outsole stitched to the midsole (It certainly isn't the more common rubber glued to leather, because of the stitching visible on the sole)? Is this something that can be done with other leather-soled boots by a competent cobbler?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

i believe you can find out in the redwing thread, any 190 of them.

12. CounselorStyle

CounselorStyle Well-Known Member

You mean, for example, this thread here? Or are threads utilizing the title 'Redwing' and discussing solely RW products generally about something else? And if so, how do I know which ones are Redwing threads?

Edit: Please forgive this forum newbie for attempting to post a question in what google strongly suggests is the most appropriate thread in the entire history of styleforum for it https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&...450,d.eWU&fp=3f81c2a8d2a7a7bc&biw=753&bih=582 .

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013