Red Wing Work Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blahblahblah22323, Mar 20, 2008.

1. blahblahblah22323

blahblahblah22323 Active Member

I'm in the market for some more boots. I was thinking of getting some Timbs at first, but they're a little too played out and I'd like something less common/higher quality. I looked online and found a lot of people (including here) dig Red Wings, so I was wondering if I could get y'alls opinion on what looks best.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/ProductR...ype=Soft%20Toe

Here's what I'm liking so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any input about quality too is much appreciated!

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I think the consensus is that the quality is quite good on Red Wings. As for the styling, I like the first the most. #2 isn't doing anything for me.

3. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

red wing quality is good. And 875 is the classic boot to start out with, which looks alot better than those you posted.

4. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

5. blahblahblah22323

blahblahblah22323 Active Member

red wing quality is good. And 875 is the classic boot to start out with, which looks alot better than those you posted.

Not a bad shoe, but I'm looking for a pair of work boots. Those are a little too upscale for me.

6. jml90

jml90 Senior member

Not a bad shoe, but I'm looking for a pair of work boots. Those are a little too upscale for me.

I prefer logger style boots. Look at Georgia, Chippewa, and Carolina aswell. Though a lot of Carolinas are now made in China so get the domestic ones as they're called. Thorogood also makes a fine boot.

7. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

I have the second boot in the photo in both Brown and Black. They are awesome boots. Very comfortable, well built and stylish. The picture doesnt do justice to these. Paid $ 124.00 per pair.

8. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

I like this one

[​IMG]

9. ApplesHK

ApplesHK Senior member

Recently when having a pair of orthotics made for my shoes/boots, my podiatrist noticed my Timberland boots and asked me how I found them.
    I replied I found them heavy, but comfy.

He said that they are poorly regarded as 'good' shoes in that they offer poor support etc.

An alternative please? I asked.

He had no hesitation; Red Wing are excellent shoes/boots offering good flexibility and support where it counts.

One opinion to be sure, but one I respect.

10. DouggiePhresh

DouggiePhresh Well-Known Member

Check out this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=55475

Also, cultizm.com has an excellent selection of Red Wing models in stock. I recommend buying from them.

You would be a fool to purchase from anyone but the red wings store. I own several pairs (i work in the construction industry) and nothing beats bringing in your boots for a cleanup and new laces whenever you want to. They also properly size your boots. If you have one foot bigger than the other by at least a 1/2 size, they will give you 2 different size boots. the warranties are excellent also, but I believe that you have to purchase from the store to get them.

11. xchen

xchen Senior member

You would be a fool to purchase from anyone but the red wings store. I own several pairs (i work in the construction industry) and nothing beats bringing in your boots for a cleanup and new laces whenever you want to. They also properly size your boots. If you have one foot bigger than the other by at least a 1/2 size, they will give you 2 different size boots. the warranties are excellent also, but I believe that you have to purchase from the store to get them.

This is great news. My left foot is an 11.5 D and my right foot is a 9.5 EE. Will the different sized boots look weird? My middle foot is also an 11.5 D.

12. crush

crush Senior member

This is great news. My left foot is an 11.5 D and my right foot is a 9.5 EE. Will the different sized boots look weird? My middle foot is also an 11.5 D.

seemed more like a <5A, but we need an expert here. Socal?[​IMG]

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I have a pair of timberland field boots and I don't find them extraordinarily comfy (fine unless on the move for long periods of time) but they are certainly well made... I've had them for 3 years and they just won't die (which is a pity because I don't really want to buy another pair of boots until I need to but I guess I'll have to, they just take abuse like champs) but I have been looking into getting a pair of Red Wings for my next boot, the ones I've tried on in store were very comfy

14. DouggiePhresh

DouggiePhresh Well-Known Member

I have a pair of timberland field boots and I don't find them extraordinarily comfy (fine unless on the move for long periods of time) but they are certainly well made... I've had them for 3 years and they just won't die (which is a pity because I don't really want to buy another pair of boots until I need to but I guess I'll have to, they just take abuse like champs) but I have been looking into getting a pair of Red Wings for my next boot, the ones I've tried on in store were very comfy
    Timberlands never lasted more than 6 months for me. Even when abused, a good pair of redwings will last you over a year (8-10 hour a day heavy use in sand, dirt, concrete, asphalt). Most of the time, more. But the key is you have to take care of them. This is a necessity ... [​IMG] http://www.obenaufs.com/product_info...58784de1d4cdae

15. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I like this one

[​IMG]

I like the aesthetic of those boots but hate the branding.