• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Iron Rangers vs. Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots: sizing question

Bulldoggery

Reaction score
I tried searching the forums for a previous thread that directly addressed this question, but I didn't find one within the first few pages of threads that came up. As such:

I've heard that people typically size down one full size with Red Wing Iron Rangers, but I'm seeing mixed advice on the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots (the "flagship" 1000 Mile model). Can anybody out there clear this up for me?

FWIW, I typically wear a size 9.0 in dress shoes and hiking boots and a 9.5 in Nikes (and a handful of other shoes). For a truly accurate fit, I should be wearing a 9 C in most shoes, but finding something in a C width is a tall order -- and more to the point, the two styles in question aren't made in a C width.

So, with all that in mind -- particularly the narrow foot thing -- what do you think would be my size in the Iron Ranger and the 1000 Mile Boot? Obviously, the best option would be to try on several pairs of each, but I'm not within reasonable proximity to any retailers that would have either of them.

In light of that, I'm going to have to try my best at guessing my size for an online order, preferably from a place with free returns. While I'm not averse to returning an ill-fitting boot, I'd like to at least get in the right ballpark before placing an order.

What do you think?

indigoeagle

Reaction score
I thought it had been discussed a number of times.
But here goes my experience. Hope it helps.
The US 10 in Iron Rangers fit me very well. So does the 9.5 US in the 1K Miles by Wolverine.

Bulldoggery

Reaction score
I thought it had been discussed a number of times.
But here goes my experience. Hope it helps.
The US 10 in Iron Rangers fit me very well. So does the 9.5 US in the 1K Miles by Wolverine.

What size do you typically wear in dress (and other) shoes?

I don't doubt that this question has been asked here before. I was just unable to find the answer in the first several pages of threads the search engine turned up for "Iron Ranger sizing," "1000 mile sizing," or multiple related searches.

gforce

Reaction score
I wear a 10 in both. I am a 9.5 D on the Alden Barrie ................sometimes a 10 C.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
What size do you typically wear in dress (and other) shoes?

I don't doubt that this question has been asked here before. I was just unable to find the answer in the first several pages of threads the search engine turned up for "Iron Ranger sizing," "1000 mile sizing," or multiple related searches.
No problem. I'm normally a US 10.5-11.
I can only guess with you: Probably 8.5 for the RedWings Iron Rangers (they fit smaller than the Beckmans for example) and the same or 8 for the Wolverines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads