• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo?

alexa17

Reaction score

Need some advise - about to pull the trigger on one of these beauts, but not too sure which size to get.
I'm a 9.5 in Clarks DBs, and a 10 in Chucks - which size should I be getting? No RW stores in my area, gotta fly blind :slayer:

your sizing similar as mine.
my iron ranger sz 9US. but 9.5 should be fine. i dont think 10 good for u.

*my RW at 6month of daily wear:
6344982937_33fb5de9cf.jpg

6344983653_55808f00bf.jpg

rutdown

Reaction score
Quick update, day 2 in a sized one down IR Amber. I was wearing hiking socks for the first day, to really 'break them in'. There were blisters a' plenty. Today I reverted to normal socks and the fit is cool. A little room, but feels close like when its worn in more they'll be a good size. Fingers crossed.

PS I'm at US10 in Chucks, Vans and Nikes. Took these in a US9. Also, I have narrow feet. Think that might bear relevance.

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Anyone that owns (or has tried) the 877s and IRs. Same size for both? Last time I was in a store that sold RWs I only thought to try on the 877s.

jsizzle24

Reaction score
silly question, is it better aesthetically to keep the boot clean or worn out and distressed?

alexa17

Reaction score

Anyone that owns (or has tried) the 877s and IRs. Same size for both? Last time I was in a store that sold RWs I only thought to try on the 877s.

i have 875, which is similar to 877. sizing similar with IR.
but 875 feel tighter. sometimes you should half size down IR to compare it with 875.
but same sizing should be save for u i think.

silly question, is it better aesthetically to keep the boot clean or worn out and distressed?

definitely worn out is better. but it all back to your preference.

longhaul

Reaction score
Depending on the size and color you want, you could get some on Amazon for $218, free shipping.

galeron

Reaction score
Agony - Amazon's price doesn't apply for my size, J.Crew's prices are above Amazon's prices.

SJTrance

Reaction score
I will admit that I get the most compliments from people when they look most distressed and weathered. However, I love to put a nice coat of Obenauf's on them and get them nice and dark. It's time to put another coat on now. I posted pics up earlier. They still have the worn in leather look, but just not marked up like they are currently.

jsizzle24

Reaction score
Lol @ Matte Male.. I admit they do add more personality to the boots but for the price i paid i feel inclined to dirty them lol. In due time maybe.. :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads