1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Garage/Surf Rock, Sep 30, 2008.

1. alexa17

alexa17 Member

your sizing similar as mine.
    my iron ranger sz 9US. but 9.5 should be fine. i dont think 10 good for u.

*my RW at 6month of daily wear:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alexa17

alexa17 Member

3. rutdown

rutdown New Member

Quick update, day 2 in a sized one down IR Amber. I was wearing hiking socks for the first day, to really 'break them in'. There were blisters a' plenty. Today I reverted to normal socks and the fit is cool. A little room, but feels close like when its worn in more they'll be a good size. Fingers crossed.

PS I'm at US10 in Chucks, Vans and Nikes. Took these in a US9. Also, I have narrow feet. Think that might bear relevance.

4. tomorrowstars

tomorrowstars Senior member

Anyone that owns (or has tried) the 877s and IRs. Same size for both? Last time I was in a store that sold RWs I only thought to try on the 877s.

5. jsizzle24

jsizzle24 Member

silly question, is it better aesthetically to keep the boot clean or worn out and distressed?

6. alexa17

alexa17 Member

i have 875, which is similar to 877. sizing similar with IR.
    but 875 feel tighter. sometimes you should half size down IR to compare it with 875.
    but same sizing should be save for u i think.

definitely worn out is better. but it all back to your preference.

7. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

I know a guy who has them in black, part of the reason I have my own (in amber, but I'm getting black next...love them), and they look awesome.

8. galeron

galeron Active Member

Anyone have deals for the IRs online?

9. longhaul

longhaul New Member

Depending on the size and color you want, you could get some on Amazon for $218, free shipping.

10. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

J. Crew has them for 25% off right now.

11. galeron

galeron Active Member

Agony - Amazon's price doesn't apply for my size, J.Crew's prices are above Amazon's prices.

12. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  13. Matte Male

Matte Male Active Member

do what you want but you'll get your e-dick sucked more if you let them get dirty and distressed then post mad pix

1 person likes this.
  14. SJTrance

SJTrance Well-Known Member

I will admit that I get the most compliments from people when they look most distressed and weathered. However, I love to put a nice coat of Obenauf's on them and get them nice and dark. It's time to put another coat on now. I posted pics up earlier. They still have the worn in leather look, but just not marked up like they are currently.

15. jsizzle24

jsizzle24 Member

Lol @ Matte Male.. I admit they do add more personality to the boots but for the price i paid i feel inclined to dirty them lol. In due time maybe.. :embar:

16. Mark Allinder

Mark Allinder Member

Hello, are these Hawthornes? Thanks

17. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

9.5 should fit you great. I'm the same size as you in Clarks and Chucks. These will fit fine. Shamelessly, I have a pair of Hawthorne 9.5 D's that I'm parting with. Only worn twice indoors. In perfect shape. Lemme know.

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

$168 for Iron Rangers at Tobi with Holiday40

19. Matte Male

Matte Male Active Member

Yep

20. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

I need a bit of Iron Ranger hawthrone sizing advice. I wear 11s in beckmans (GTs), which are a bit loose. 10.5s in beckmans crush my larger foot. (also 11 in Clark dbs, and 10.5 in chucks)

So I went to a Red Wing Store awhile ago and was told that in Iron Rangers, I am a 11 in the amber harness IRs and in the hawthornes 10.5 should be ok for me as they stretch alot.

So I recently ordered a pair of 10.5s in the hawthornes and have been wearing them in the house. The fit is pretty good in the toebox but a bit tight across the middle of the foot. Its in the lacing area before the quick release parts start on the middle of foot.

Has anyone experienced a good amount of stretching in the hawthornes in that area or in general?
    I am not sure if i need to size up to 11 or not?

thanks!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011