• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing GT's--all sizes, under $180

ESSR181

Reaction score
Just FYI:

Shoebuy.com has a bunch of offers going:

-Free shipping

-NEWYEAR code for 20% off

-10% member discount

That gets you to ~$208.

Bing Cashback gets you an additional 15% off (around $31)

Total about $177

You have to do a Bing Shopping search of "red wing gentlemen travelers" and click the link through there (plus, you have to have a Cash Back account set up).

Not sure how long the NEWYEAR code will work...worked for me today.

Looks like they have them in all sizes, in black and black cherry.

Enjoy.

dunelly

Reaction score
Is there an good alternate for boots in sizes 6-6.5 redwings only go to 7
frown.gif

Fiddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up some Chesnut GT's...

Edicron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunelly
Is there an good alternate for boots in sizes 6-6.5
redwings only go to 7
frown.gif

Aldens or Clarks DB.

newtostyle

Reaction score
You may be able to use bing cashback as well. Last shoes I bought there I went to shoe buy and put shoes in cart then entered discount code. X out of that window and go to bing and search shoebuy. You can find a 25% cashback link to shoe buy. Follow it and you should have your boots still in cart with discount code applied. You will end up with close to 45% off. You have to wait for the Bing cash back deal but I got 130 shoes for 70 last time.
bounce2.gif

Anyone know which RW boot would be best for a narrow heel?

newtostyle

Reaction score
Guess I didn't read the first post very well. He already had the bing cashback posted. I have found %25 off from bing in the past and I did get the cashback after their waiting period. Shoebuy is pretty good. They always have free shipping (a little slow) and free one time exchanges if you get the wrong size and the 10% member discount. I think the 10% kicks in for initial purchase and for a period of time after each purchase. I may have to order a pair of socks or something (free shipping) then seperately order shoes to get that extra %10 to kick in since it's been a while since last order. If you miss this sale, they seem to have %20 off quite frequently and even %25 now and then.

sean2slow

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up!
I purchase a pair of GT in black cherry from them and hopefully they will fit.
Just quick question about bing cash back.
I went to shoebuy.com through bing's link and entered my email address and everything in doing so.
However, bing cashback sign did not appear when I checked out.
Did I mess something up or is this something that take sometime to show up on my bing cashback account.
Thank you!

57JoeFoMoPar

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up guys. I just ordered a pair of 6" Iron Rangers in amber for $197 without the Bing cash back yet. Definitely a solid purchase. I had previously purchased the same boots in a 12D from papashoe.com with a steep discount, but the 12 was a bit too big and now they don't have any more Iron Rangers to exchange.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
silly question, but is Bing cashback related to MSN cashback from yonks ago? I probably can't even remember how it works....

tomahn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
silly question, but is Bing cashback related to MSN cashback from yonks ago? I probably can't even remember how it works....

I'm not sure if they're related, but Bing cashback seems relatively simple. Signed up for an account, went to shoebuy.com via a link provided on the bing website and bought two Red Wings. Got a email shortly after the order confirmation from Shoebuy stating that I had received $56 back from my purchase.

ESSR181,
Great deal. Thanks. Bought a GT and Lifestyle Classic for $320 (after all the discounts and bing cashback).

ESSR181

Reaction score
No problem! With regards to the Bing Cashback, I got an email from them about an hour or so after the purchase, and they posted $31 to my account (available for redemption March 5th...oh well). Does anyone know where you can get the GT's in chestnut at a discount?

martjc786

Reaction score
there is a difference, the beckman is made with featherstone leather (easier to break in, and is supposed to polish very nicely), while the gentlemans traveler is made with i guess "normal" black leather (harder to break in).

i bought a pair of the beckmans in black, $208 before the bing cashback. now i gotta decide between keeping the beckmans or my unworn 1000 mile boots in black sitting in my closet.

ESSR181

Reaction score
Originally Posted by martjc786
there is a difference, the beckman is made with featherstone leather (easier to break in, and is supposed to polish very nicely), while the gentlemans traveler is made with i guess "normal" black leather (harder to break in).

Ah! THAT is the difference. Ok, but...

are you sure the "regular leather" isn't the Horween leather...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads