1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imstr8trippin, May 15, 2008.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I took off the laces.I only wear them in Summer/spring anyways since thick socks aren't and option, and they are tight enough anyways. Customer service suggested I wear thin or no socks, and do my feet sweat soak in and mold the shoes. Lady, my feet are getting blisters WITH socks you trying to kill me?!

2. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Sounds like they are too small for you as these boots run thin.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  3. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Active Member

^^^ Agreed, buy the proper size... WaLah, problem solved!

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Well from what I heard, half size down was the proper size soooooo.... :embar:

5. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

If you read it on the internet it must be true.

Can you return for exchange for a larger size ?

6. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

The 9042's fit true to size, whereas the Beckman round-toe boots fit a half size large.

7. huabaen

huabaen New Member

just got my beckman 9016. I've heard that there are ways to crush the bulbous toe box but how exactly?? I've been reading pages in this thread and I guess it's been buried somewhere.. so can anyone tell me how to crush the toe box safely. thank you!

8. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Please don't crush the toe box. Quite aside from the possibility of damage to the integrity of the boot it makes my puppy dog cry when people do such things. Just wear them as is, once they have a bit on London wabi on them they will look just fine.

1 person likes this.
  9. huabaen

huabaen New Member

ok ill see how it goes without crushing it. how do you clean/ take care of the boots?

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

I mainly use a good leather oil/conditioner and then some polish. Just before the wet & cold season some Obenaufs LP for added protection.

11. Louys

Louys Senior member

I grabbed a pair in cigar recently. I'm slightly surprised, a lot of the reviews I read had me mentally preparing myself for a long break in period. In actuality it hasn't been that bad. They were painful the first time and there're still stiff after a couple of wears but in my experience no worse then breaking in any other pair of shoes. Loving them so far.

12. Glorysends

Glorysends Well-Known Member

Here's mine. Been wearing them everyday for work since the end of April. Bought a pair of them last year for winter and then loved the color so much I didn't want to wear them for work or ruin them. Ended up buying another pair for work and one pair for weekends. I love the color in person. Definitely a unique color. The new pair I haven't treated yet and the work ones i've only put creme on it once. First pic is of the first pair I bought that are for the weekends. haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

I bought a pair of the Black Cherry moc toe a few months ago, and they were broken in after a weekend. Either that, or my feet don't feel much anymore(I almost exclusively wear boots) :) But great boots so far, really dig the moc toe look, I just bought the 8890 last night

14. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

Mine never hurt my feet. They were really stiff for a few wears, but still comfortable. I've been wearing about twice week since Christmas and they are still breaking in, but really comfortable now. Going up and down ladders in the recent heat sped things up too.

15. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

16. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

i have a pair of the 1907s that i really love. they were a bit tight and uncomfortable the first few wears but are broken in now.

thinking about buying the 875 sometime after the summer. are they too similar to my 1907 or should i just get a diff boot altogether?

17. red81

red81 Senior member

different lasts, different insoles, different leather, different welt.

i had a pair of 875's for a couple weeks and have a pair of 877's and 1097's now. the 1907's are much more comfortable, the 877 (basically 8" version of 875) is not very comfortable. they do fine for an 8 hour day, but i've done as much as 24 hour days in 1907's with no discomfort.

18. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I was wearing my moc toe with traction tred cushion outsole yesterday at my work. I was moving heavy cabinets here and there and found my moc toe useless for physical work. Specially, traction tred outsole doesn't have grip at all on flat floor. I had hard time pushing them as I was slipping most of the time. Those soles are probably meant for other working condition, but I am disappointed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  19. red81

red81 Senior member

^

yeah, i believe those soles were meant for farm work and hunting originally, i.e. mud and dirt, not hard surfaces.

20. wanksy

wanksy Senior member

Do you guys happen to know how to clean denim bleeding from your boots?

I have the 8111.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014