Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imstr8trippin, May 15, 2008.

1. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

ok i decided to not use insoles also just thick cotton socks. what shoe polish best matches the black cherry color? i read some people using kiwi neutral but mine already has a lot of scratches since i wear them pretty hard.

2. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

anyone who wants to unload a pair of chestnut GT's in 10.5 or 11, holler at the kid..

3. xM.

xM. Senior member

Just got a pair of black cherry GTs. Should I pre-treat with a coat or two of Obenaufs?

4. Torn

Torn Well-Known Member

ok i decided to not use insoles also just thick cotton socks. what shoe polish best matches the black cherry color? i read some people using kiwi neutral but mine already has a lot of scratches since i wear them pretty hard.
    Neutral covers scratches surprisingly well. Anything besides that will change the color a little bit. You may or may not like the results.

5. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Just got a pair of black cherry GTs. Should I pre-treat with a coat or two of Obenaufs?

Not unless it's snowing right now in your part of the world.

Or you plan to go duck hunting in them.

6. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Neutral covers scratches surprisingly well. Anything besides that will change the color a little bit. You may or may not like the results.
    i bought the kiwi cordovan shoe polish it matches surprisingly well. this shoe it scuffs so easily i don't wear them hard at all. the back part of the heels are all scuffed pretty deep. the shoe polish helped out a lot though its less noticeable and looks a lot nicer now. i bought some spenco insoles that i'll try out soon i wear my redwing gt's about 14hrs day 4-6 days a week.

7. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

+1 on superfeet insoles. I don't have GT's but I recently started wearing these in other shoes such as db's and I love them.

8. flurec

flurec Member

PSA- (I can't post in FS so not trying to break any rules) If you're researching these shoes and looking to save some bucks I just put these almost new ones up on Ebay. Selling because of sizing. I'm 9 in chucks and 9.5-10 in almost everything else. I measure 9.5. I ended up going with a 9. $159 no reserve, 100% positive feedback Ebay - Red Wing 9011 Gentleman Traveler Black Cherry GT 9.5

9. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Senior member

my black cherry GT after 1 year of wear: [​IMG] drying off after being cleaned and oiled. 2 yr old black gt's on the left, 1 yr old cherry gt's on the right: [​IMG] i love these boots

10. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I'm trying to visualize black cherry GT's with some slim khaki or navy chinos to see if I could get away with these for work wear. Any thoughts/pics? Thanks!

11. JTK

JTK Senior member

Think they might be a bit industrial for a semi-formal work environment, but if you can wear 'em with confidence you might be able to pull it off!

12. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

If anyone says anything about it, kick them in the teeth.

13. fire-fighter

fire-fighter Active Member

Anyone selling these in black or cherry in 8.5 or 9? lemme kno!

14. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

Does the Red Wing GT even come in wide sizes (E, EE, EEE)?

15. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Senior member

I'm trying to visualize black cherry GT's with some slim khaki or navy chinos to see if I could get away with these for work wear. Any thoughts/pics? Thanks!

fwiw, i wear my cherry gt's with various navy chinos practically every day to my office job.