• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Gunky

Reaction score
Ok, I have a pair in size 8.5 and a pair in size 9, I don't know which to go with! My left foot is a bit bigger than my right foot. With the 8.5 it's def a more snug fit, hurts a bit on my ankle bone, which I think is normal and goes away with break in. I can go with a size 9 but I think they may be too big, also, i know feet get larger longer u walk in them and as you get older, so maybe the 8.5 is not a good choice for long run? Need some input please

Gunky

Reaction score
it's a bit more roomier in the toe area and heel area

Gunky

Reaction score
Appreciate all your help on my red wing boots, problem is the 8.5 on my left foot feel more snug compared to my right. In the toe are specifically.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gunky
Appreciate all your help on my red wing boots, problem is the 8.5 on my left foot feel more snug compared to my right. In the toe are specifically.

cant you just return a mismatched pair? Im pretty sure a lot of places do this. Its common for people to have two different sized feet, mine are but not to where I have to buy seperate sizes, ones just a little tighter but no more than an annoyance not worth fretting over.

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888
redwing-beckman-chukka-boot-1.jpg

A little too low cut for my taste, but nice! I won't bother asking the model seeing how Red Wing changes its line up so often...

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for Red Wing GT's in San Francisco (or anywhere in northern cal)? Looking for a place to try on.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Anyone know of a source for Red Wing GT's in San Francisco (or anywhere in northern cal)? Looking for a place to try on.

There is a RW store on San Pablo in Emeryville. You can also go to the RW homepage and look for retailers.

Nobody Important

Reaction score
I understand that GT's run about a half size big, some say more. Does anyone know whether this is specific to GT's, or is it also true of other Red Wing offerings?

Thanks.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nobody Important
I understand that GT's run about a half size big, some say more. Does anyone know whether this is specific to GT's, or is it also true of other Red Wing offerings?

Thanks.

no. they all run different. I made that mistake of trying on a 'regular' redwing and ordering that size.

GTs fit me 1.25 sizes too big. My foot measurs 8.75 and 7.5 fit.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp

Go to the redwing website and search for a store. They should have them in the store and if they don't they will special order them for you.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stompers in SFCA might have them, they have some cool boots if not RWs. (the clientel is more upper market lumberjack if you know what I mean)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads