Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imstr8trippin, May 15, 2008.

1. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

up ?! are u shure.

the 875 are much wider at the front then the gts, but they have the same length. so you have decide.

Yep, I'm sure. [​IMG]

I tried the 7.5's in the 875 and I could feel the front of the boot slightly with the tip of my toe (especially when the boots bend while walking). As this would drive me nuts, I opted to go with the 8. YMMV.

2. BltByKrmn

BltByKrmn Member

I just received my BC GT's last night, they are decent boots but I'm afraid I blew it with sizing. I wear a 10 in sneakers (DC, Vans, Adidas) and 9 for my Allen Edmonds, so I decided to go with a 9 for these. While I did try them on with dress socks, they do feel a little big. The toe box on these is MASSIVE and I have pretty narrow feet so my toes feel like they are swimming.

I'm going to try them again tonight with thicker wool socks, but I may have them up for sale soon so I can pick up a 8.5.

3. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

I just received my BC GT's last night, they are decent boots but I'm afraid I blew it with sizing. I wear a 10 in sneakers (DC, Vans, Adidas) and 9 for my Allen Edmonds, so I decided to go with a 9 for these. While I did try them on with dress socks, they do feel a little big. The toe box on these is MASSIVE and I have pretty narrow feet so my toes feel like they are swimming.

I'm going to try them again tonight with thicker wool socks, but I may have them up for sale soon so I can pick up a 8.5.

How about an insole and/or heel liner?

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i got the same size, my feet aren't too narrow though so the width is perfect after a few wears. the toe box is indeed massive but nothing unmanageable. best bet is leather insoles, thick wool sox, at least for me since i use these only during the winter

5. BltByKrmn

BltByKrmn Member

I picked up a pair in 8.5, MUCH better. Going to return the 9's.

6. howlingwolfpress

howlingwolfpress Senior member

[​IMG] http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenjchow/4361938198/ An update after one month of wear, several applications of Obenauf leather preservative, and obsessive polishing [​IMG] Breaking them in took at least 3 weeks and on one long walk early on left me with a huge blister on one heel and a deep scrape on the back of the other. Definitely worth sticking out the pain.

7. Timmbo

Timmbo Senior member

Two questions:

has anyone ordered these in Cigar (9016)? I'm thinking the chestnut (9013) will be too light for my personal tastes. If you could post pics/fit pics would be great.

can someone post fit pics of these with tapered jeans, similar to APC NC? I don't want to order a pair and end up looking like a large-hoofed clown. For some reason, there are no retailers here in Edinburgh :/

8. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

[​IMG]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenjchow/4361938198/

An update after one month of wear, several applications of Obenauf leather preservative, and obsessive polishing [​IMG]

Breaking them in took at least 3 weeks and on one long walk early on left me with a huge blister on one heel and a deep scrape on the back of the other. Definitely worth sticking out the pain.

What kind of bag/duffle is that?

9. howlingwolfpress

Johdus Fanfoozal - Saddleback leather overnight bag in chestnut red. I wrote a review of it here. After these two purchases, I am addicted to leather for life [​IMG]

10. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

What kind of bag/duffle is that?

Its amazing how leather laces can change the look of a boot in such a positive way. I hate you for posting these.

So where's the best deal currently on GT's?

11. howlingwolfpress

Not sure, but I did see a pair of black cherry in size 8 on ebay. It should fit someone who wears a 9 in sneakers, or possibly 9.5 if your feet are narrow.

12. jim_n

jim_n Senior member

I need some leather laces like that, the stock laces always come undone. Where did you get them??

13. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Its amazing how leather laces can change the look of a boot in such a positive way. I hate you for posting these.

So where's the best deal currently on GT's?

Oops, I quoted the wrong guy.

I need some leather laces like that, the stock laces always come undone. Where did you get them??

Wal-Mart sells them for about four bucks for a 72" pair.

14. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get replacement heels for my GTs? I need them replaced and I'd rather be sure that I was getting an exact replacement rather than whatever the repair guy chose to use.

15. emeterioy

emeterioy Well-Known Member

what do you guys think? should I exchange them for a half a size smaller?

[​IMG]