Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imstr8trippin, May 15, 2008.

1. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Thinking of getting the Classic Lifestyle in Copper. Anyone dislike the color? They are around $150 on amazon right now with free shipping and the coupon.

[​IMG]

I am not crazy about the color + sole combination.

I got 8146 which are same upper + Vibram commando sole in briar, which is pretty much non-waterproofed black cherry for (i think) $147 shipped during the Papashoe sale.

2. yusuke

yusuke Senior member

PSA: papashoe.com dropped the prices on RW again. The code TWT15OFF gets you 15% off too.

3. stvwrd

stvwrd Senior member

Can't get papashoe.com to work... Did we crash the server?

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Haven't been crazy about the GT's because I have a soft spot for RW wedge soles, but that chestnut color is blowing my mind. I am gonna go cop some RW's in a second in butter colored suede but I might save some more pennies and get those chestnut GTs for a Xmas present to myself. maybe I need to cool down on the workboots. [​IMG] I think I am a hipster. shit.

5. jim_n

jim_n Senior member

yup its dead

6. dcg

dcg Senior member

I would strongly advise against buying anything from Endless unless you are 100% certain of the size that you wear (or plan on buying a pair in each size that may work). All returns are refunded (not treated as exchanges), and you have to go through the entire buying process all over again to get the correct size. In the process, you'll lose any Bing cashback that was due if applicable.
    I'm new to Bing cashback. I ordered 3 pairs of shoes from endless, but want to return 2. Anyone know if I'll lose the entire cashback or retain the amount for the pair I keep? edit: Bing has this to say: "Returns, exchanges, and cancelations are subject to the store's return policy. If you return, cancel, or exchange part or all of a purchase, the store may reverse your purchase with us. We won't be able to pay you any cashback savings from that transaction. " So could go either way I guess. edit - well their return policy may be annoying, but their email response time is pretty good - recieved a response to my email in about an hour on a Sunday night: "Thanks for your question about Bing cashback. If you return part of your order you will still receive cashback for any items that you keep. I hope this helps clarify your inquiry."

7. JTK

JTK Senior member

I just received a pair of GTs from Papashoe in sz. 8. They feel great upfront, but there seems to be about a 1/2 inch too much room in the heel. After reading the posts here, it seems that they should fit a little more snug upfront, almost to the point of being uncomfortable until broken in. should I try for a sz. 7.5? I just found out that PS does not offer free returns, despite what the website says! Still a great deal, though!
    Thanks for the advice!!

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

^^ Lucky man, I haven't been able to get onto papashoe's website for two days. I went down to my local Red Wings factory store but they did not have the GT or the Iron Ranger in stock for me to test-fit.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I was surprised to see the Bloomingdales at the Beverly Center in LA stocks Red Wings. They have the Iron Ranger if anyone wants to check it out IRL. No GTs. They also had some logger style boot.

10. yusuke

yusuke Senior member

^ papashoe is back up.

11. JTK

JTK Senior member

Ok..guess the concern I really have is that these actually feel pretty damn comfortable out of the box! I little roomy, but comfortable. I was expecting a few weeks of break-in. Wondering now if I should settle for the roomy heel?

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I was surprised to see the Bloomingdales at the Beverly Center in LA stocks Red Wings. They have the Iron Ranger if anyone wants to check it out IRL. No GTs. They also had some logger style boot.

Bloomingdales at Sherman Oaks also carries plenty of Red Wings, including the black GT's. Pretty surprising but I finally saw in person how big and bulky the RW's really are.

13. golfham

golfham Senior member

Excuse my ignorance, but which Red Wings are these?
    [​IMG]

14. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

15. golfham

golfham Senior member

^^^ 875

Thanks Fiddy.