• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
I just got a pair of 9013s looking to darken them a little. Any suggestions on product and application?

Leather Honey Conditioner is an option.

I’ve found it to darken light brown leathers a bit. Without the greasy sheen of oily conditioners.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any long-term owners (or otherwise knowledgable folks): How does the Rover sole hold up over time?

I usually stay away from crepe/creeper soles, but I think I could work a pair of Rovers into my rotation. Now I just need to decide on Hawthorne Muleskinner or Black Harness (and if I get them in Black, I'll probably get Muleskinner IRs).

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beckman’s

23B9BE61-6F7E-4324-83EC-41BD74A85D56.jpeg

discomute

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am interested in ordering some Williston's, but will need to do so online. I think I will around a size 10 but it is hard to know. I do not have access to any to try on. I do have access to Iron Rangers though.

Does anyone here own some Willistons, they could let me know what size they are in the Williston and in Iron Rangers?

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Beckman moc toes today. They need a little TLC since it's been a while. Anybody have any recommendations on edge dressing to use on these? I'm looking at Saphir Creme Renovatrice but it comes in a billion colors and I'm not sure which one to go with.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I just tlced mine today. Cleaned, neatsfoot oiled, then saphir creamed. I just hit the edges with neatsfoot.
Wearing Beckman moc toes today. They need a little TLC since it's been a while. Anybody have any recommendations on edge dressing to use on these? I'm looking at Saphir Creme Renovatrice but it comes in a billion colors and I'm not sure which one to go with.
View attachment 1236424

conqueror

Reaction score
how noticeable is the difference in D and EE widths in moc toes?

i have the 8138s in 11D but think a EE would be more comfortable. however, i live in australia so getting a pair in EE width shipped here is almost impossible. the alternative is obviously getting 11.5D, but width is the main issue.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried the 4585 loggers yet?

I really like the look of these and am considering a pair.

The only query I have with these is that I would possibly want to use an insole with them, possibly a wool felted one for cold winter use also. I used to have a pair of Iron Rangers which fit well at size UK 10.5 without any insole. Would it be an idea to go half a size up to accommodate an insole in the logger?

The iron rangers initially felt tight across middle of my foot but after just a couple of wears felt perfectly fitted. I had plenty toe room too.

I would be planning on walking more in the loggers if I got them though.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of boots in the concrete color? Have any pictures? Trying to get a feel for it in real life, it looks kind of interesting...

edgarmorgan

Reaction score
If you ask my opinion then I would say I like their designs and i will suggest you that you should definitely go with this.

Bing75

Reaction score
Hey chaps,

I've thinking getting these
Red Wing Heritage - Moc Toe 8138 Briar Oli Slick Boots. Are these ok to wear in the rain, snow and slush? I live in London so we don't get real bad snow just slush and some grey rain. Oh and how do you keep the white part looking good.

86fd9081-e62f-4e30-ac24-49e0350d1369.jpg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey chaps,

I've thinking getting these
Red Wing Heritage - Moc Toe 8138 Briar Oli Slick Boots. Are these ok to wear in the rain, snow and slush? I live in London so we don't get real bad snow just slush and some grey rain. Oh and how do you keep the white part looking good.

86fd9081-e62f-4e30-ac24-49e0350d1369.jpg

I would say they'll be just fine. Briar oil slick should be hardy enough.

I'm considering the new Sawmill boot which is similar but has a lining, removable wool felt insole, storm welt to help keep water out and it has D ring hiking style laces.

Also features a vibram lug sole which will give more grip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics