• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

carlos20co

Reaction score
Beckmans brick settler

Beckam 1.jpg

conqueror

Reaction score
i've had my 8138s in 11D for a little over a year now and love them. unfortunately, the right boot is slightly too small in the toebox against my pinky toe after a few hours of wear.

would sizing up to an 11.5D resolve the issue? the EE widths are borderline impossible to source where i'm located (australia) and no one appears to ship them here either. i've also read EE is only wider at the heel of the shoe, and the toebox is essentially the same. is this accurate?

edit: i don't have much experience with boots in general, but i'm typically a US12 in most sneakers.

Last edited:

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Who knows about the difference of the leathers: Mohave, Hawthorne Muleskinner and Abilene?

The moc toe is available in Olive Mohave for men and in Sand Mohave for women.
In Amsterdam they have a limited one in Abilene.
Hawthorne Muleskinner is also a roughout leather. The Iron Ranger (probaly amongst others except for the moc toe) is available in it.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a pair of used RW Iron Rangers 8111 for $135 shipped. Can't wait to wear them!

They join my 875 oro mocs.

Screenshot_20201018-210708_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201018-210714_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201018-210743_Samsung Internet.jpg

0ldb0y

Reaction score
For anyone that owns 101 Postman shoes, how do they run? Debating between a 7 or 7.5. For reference I'm a 7.5 in Clarks Wallabees and a 7 in Doc Martens 1461.

Tsar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've recently bought a pair of Red Wing Beckman #9411.

During the inspection of the pair I found that they have a number of veins on the leather (please see the photos attached). Are those veins a common thing for these model? Can anyone who own a pair of Beckmans tell if they affect the shoes durability?

Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

• tempImageMnf5Wb.png
    tempImageMnf5Wb.png
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • tempImageI7t8Zw.png
    tempImageI7t8Zw.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 705
  • tempImageISHZ6o.png
    tempImageISHZ6o.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,427
Last edited:

McSp

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of 8085 Iron Ranger Copper Rough & Tough in size 11. The more they are used the better...
PM me if interested in selling. Thanks

mm300

Reaction score
Last weekend I bought a pair of new Red Wing 9870's. These are the Irish Setters with Klondike leather- the black finished brown leather. I live in Korea and the store manager said it was the last pair in my size (or maybe any size?) and he didn't think they'd be getting any more for quite some time due to a Covid19-related slow down in production. I thought these were pretty much impossible to find in the US but after going home and googling, I found that these have been sold on stagprovisions.com but that they're currently sold out. Does anyone knows if they carry these regularly? Or is it just an old page from years back that hasn't been updated? I only ask because they're significantly more expensive here than on stag's website. 420 bucks. That's closing in on the cost of a pair of Trickers. Almost half way to a pair of Alden Cordovans. When I bought my Iron Rangers in Korea 2 or 3 years ago they had this pair of 9870's on display that had the most striking patina. Kind of like doc martens but with way more substance and subtle character. I couldn't put my finger on why they looked so great but I just couldn't get them out of my head. I told myself that I'd get the iron rangers now, and maybe come back for those black ones 6-12 months hence. A few months later, that location closed down and I regretted not buying them ever since. I only recently found out that there was a new location here in Seoul, which is why I took a trip there last weekend. Don't get me wrong. I love these boots. But I had been planning to save up for a little bit to buy some cordovan wing tips or something I might wear with a tweed blazer (which I don't even own yet). Do you guys think I'll have a hard time finding these 9870's in the future? If so I'll probably just hang on to them and save up for cordovans later. If not, I might try to sell them or take them back for a refund. Sorry about the novel. Economy of words has never been my strong point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads