1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

According to their website, the 875 and the 1907 have different last. I suspect they fit similarly although, i have not tried on the 1907 so I cannot say. I would tread carefully (pun intended :) ) it might be best if you find a place that stocks any of the other moc toes with wedge soles they all seem to have the same last.

1 person likes this.
  2. heavywestern

heavywestern Member

I'm willing to trade my 1 month old black iron rangers size 9 for something in similar in a 9.5.. I'm done trying to break these in..they're a bit too narrow in the toe box.. I will post all the pics if anyone is interested

3. StillFly

StillFly Active Member

Thanks for your help guys. Yes, ideally I could try on the 875, but haven't found anywhere that stocks them. I'll probably just order online, making sure the company has a solid return policy just in case.

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Just got some RW Ambers. What are suggestions for pre-treatment if I plan to wear these in the cold/snow?

5. heavywestern

heavywestern Member

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    Size 9 for sale or trade in a 9.5

6. heavywestern

heavywestern Member

7. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

i used the boot oil they sell for last winter and mine have held up pretty well. it does darken them, but it softens the leather as well. i'm sure any oil will do really, it's a tough boot

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

I just ordered a 10 in 00875 Oro.

My usual size in Steve Madden, Timberlands, Frye is about 10.5 solid. I hope this is okay... I couldn't pass up the deal I got.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  9. dieselman89

Is this what your referring to? http://www.amazon.com/Red-Wing-Natural-Boot-95132/dp/B003ZU5BHE

That is expensive! I've heard Mink oil works well. Anyone use Mink oil to waterproof their shoes.

10. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

yep, that's it. mink oil should be fine too

11. dieselman89

Thanks. Just red on some article size down to 1 full size? That seems a bit risky. Does anyone recommend a full size? Most users on here said .5 size.

12. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Got my redwing postmans. The heel is so firm, unbearable to walk in. Needs to break in ASAP.

13. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

i assure you they'll be really comfy after a couple weeks

i recommend a half size, a full size may be too extreme. there's still room in my red wings even with the half size down, but as i said before, it's no problem if i lace tightly.

14. dieselman89

Thanks

15. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  16. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

17. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

I hoped you would or someone would say that. That it looks like the Alden. That's why I bought it. Thank you.

I think I need some mink oil for these as well. Do you just make sure the boot is free of dirt and dust by wiping the boot with a damp cloth, and then just rub the mink oil into the boot every once in a while?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  18. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Got these in today. Simply amazing quality. What a steal for this price.

The 10s fit exactly like my 10.5 everything else.

[​IMG]

19. BARNFARM

BARNFARM Member

I bought a pair of Beckmans during the Nordstrom semi annual sale last summer, and I've only really started wearing them once or twice a week since fall started, but I've noticed when I walk for a while that the outer part of the ball of my right foot kind of hurts. Is this just part of the break-in adjustment where it'll eventually conform more to my foot? They're size 10.5, and there's a decent amount of room at the end of the toe box, so I'm wondering if maybe they're just a bit too big and that's what's causing the discomfort. No heel slippage though, and a 10 just wasn't wide enough. 10.5 was much better in width, but I'm still wondering if maybe I got the wrong size or just got the wrong boot...

20. arkane

arkane Well-Known Member

Sadly, yes and yes. I got a pair of black cherry Beckmans two years ago in size 9.5 to accommodate the the width of my feet. Mind you my feet aren't that wide but definitely on the wider side of normal; and the Beckmans do run long and slim naturally. I consider them broken in but they're still not as comfortable as I'd like.

Last year I bought a pair of Iron Rangers in size 8.5 EE and the fit is spot on. According to RW the Beckmans and Iron Rangers are built on the same last but unfortunately the Beckmans don't come in widths. I emailed RW and they're not able to make custom width boots... or I would pay full retail price + customization fee for size 8.5 EE Beckmans. oh well

Although I really love the black cherry Beckmans I can't wear them anymore just because I know they're a full size too long and as a result not as comfortable as I want them to be.