• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chethondo
I went to the Red Wing store last week and the dude made me try those exact ones on because it was the closest fit he had to the 875. I actually ordered in the same size I measured on their machine which was a 10B. I'm beginning to think their machine is right because I've tried to force my foot into a 9.5D 875 and a 877 9D. Expensive mistakes. My shoes should be here at the end of this week or start of next. I'm hoping I got this size thing worked out. I would say order a 10.5B. Do you have a Red Wing store close by?

I do but they don't have the 899 to take a look at. A 9.5 D was a decent fit in the Iron Ranger/ GT but I think I could also go a 10B for a bit more length but the same width. I am thinking of getting a 10 or 10.5B, i've emailed a few stores to see what they say.

Though someone said above that the 899 has the same last as the Iron Ranger so i'm not sure.

Please let me know how your boots work out compared to the machine sizing.

Cheers

Atleee

Reaction score
Is there any rule of thumb when sizing for Red Wing Work Chukkas? Anyone who has experience with using them during winter?

erbs

Reaction score
What's the standard break-in time for the 875?

My feet are pretty sore after a few days, and I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to have to put up with it.

alexanduh

Reaction score
hey can anyone post pics of their chukkas?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
What's the standard break-in time for the 875?

My feet are pretty sore after a few days, and I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to have to put up with it.

about 20 wears on mine, but i had help with a double application of White's boot oil [before use] & then Obenauf LP after a week of wear. i'm doing the same thing with the White's SJ i'm breaking in right now.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StarterStyle
Don't use sno seal. Use Obenauf's LP. Sealing the pores of the boot is going to rot it from the inside and drastically reduce its life.

Out of curiosity, are you speaking from experience or getting this information from somewhere/someone?

chethondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lachyzee
I do but they don't have the 899 to take a look at. A 9.5 D was a decent fit in the Iron Ranger/ GT but I think I could also go a 10B for a bit more length but the same width. I am thinking of getting a 10 or 10.5B, i've emailed a few stores to see what they say. Though someone said above that the 899 has the same last as the Iron Ranger so i'm not sure. Please let me know how your boots work out compared to the machine sizing. Cheers
I got the 875s in today. They're perfect. Same size (10B) I measured on their machine. They're as tight as the 9.5s were but the extra room in front makes a big difference. I can see why some people size down .5 but my toes would be cramped at the end if I did that. I guess if they didn't make them in B widths I'd get my normal size and put a thick pad in the shoe.

Spit

Reaction score
I picked up these Red Wing boots at an estate sale a while back, but C was too narrow for me to wear so i'm thinking of getting rid of them.
I've worn Red Wings daily for about 15 years...i've been through about 15 used or vintage pairs of different types. I've never come across any quite like these so I was wondering if they're anything special.

The patina is the richest i've seen in Red Wing leather...dark red.
They seem delicate compared to old Irish Setters i've had....more dressy.
They have the Neolite and Armor-tred neoprene soles.
There is no tag on the inside tongue like most old Red Wings and doesn't look like there was.
The insoles have a logo that's hard to make out but looks like hands shaking.

are these early 50's era? any idea of a value?
if i'm in the wrong forum for this type of thing please let me know.

thanks,
spit

p1070740l.jpg

p1070729f.jpg

p1070736o.jpg

p1070735b.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
how are you guys sizing on the wabasha? down a half or full size? my sister is nice enough to use her nordstrom discount to get me a pair.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
no one has any sizing info on the 7-eyelet washaba boot? down a half or full size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads