Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior member

so, i flew off of my motorcycle earlier. here's what happened, scuffed red wing. would obenauf somewhat restore its beauty? i kinda like the look with scuff; however, the other pair was unscathed. so, it is uneven. any suggestions?

You OK? How bad was the crash?

Me? I'd leave it. My boots are beat to hell from riding. That scuff is a story. And you lived to tell it. Wear it with pride.

2. tekstyl

tekstyl Active Member

You OK? How bad was the crash?

Me? I'd leave it. My boots are beat to hell from riding. That scuff is a story. And you lived to tell it. Wear it with pride.

it was a minor accident. i sprained my left hand and banged up knees. other than that, i'm ok. thanks for asking. it sure is a story to tell.

3. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior member

it was a minor accident. i sprained my left hand and banged up knees. other than that, i'm ok. thanks for asking. it sure is a story to tell.

Good, good. Any accident you can walk away from is a good one.

Did someone hit you? You could always try to get matching scuffs on your other boot by kicking the shit out of the cager who hit you. That would make a good story. "This scuff I got when a cager hit me. This other scuff I got when I kicked him...repeatedly...in the face."

[​IMG]

4. tekstyl

tekstyl Active Member

Good, good. Any accident you can walk away from is a good one.

Did someone hit you? You could always try to get matching scuffs on your other boot by kicking the shit out of the cager who hit you. That would make a good story. "This scuff I got when a cager hit me. This other scuff I got when I kicked him...repeatedly...in the face."

[​IMG]

that's a good one! lol... sadly, it was my own fault. i'm not clear how it happened, but i'm speculating that my front wheel had some oil or gas residue after i left the gas station. hit the front break and the front wheel started to wobble.

5. SpacePirate

SpacePirate Member

hey everyone. new user, longtime visitor [​IMG]

i had a question about the 1907 moc boots. i read through some of the posts here and it seems to be a general consensus that they already come with insoles in them, unlike, say the 875 model. would you still recommend sizing down a full size for these? or just size down 1/2 like you would for chuck taylors or a similar shoe?

thanks for any help and sorry if this question has been asked before, but i didnt see any when i clicked through about this particular red wing model.

6. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

hey everyone. new user, longtime visitor [​IMG]

i had a question about the 1907 moc boots. i read through some of the posts here and it seems to be a general consensus that they already come with insoles in them, unlike, say the 875 model. would you still recommend sizing down a full size for these? or just size down 1/2 like you would for chuck taylors or a similar shoe?

thanks for any help and sorry if this question has been asked before, but i didnt see any when i clicked through about this particular red wing model.

I would say 1/2 personally, I have them and bought both a 10.5 and 10 (i wear a 44 in CP's) The 10's fit me great without the insole but wnug with it, the 10.5's on the other hand fit comfortable but had a bit of heel slip when not laced up all the way to the top and wearing regular low cut athletic socks. what size you need?

7. SpacePirate

SpacePirate Member

i wear a 9 in most shoes (puma, adidas, even some dress shoes) but wear a 8.5 in chucks so i was thinking an 8.5 in the 1907's instead of a full size down would be ok since they have the insoles in them.

8. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

i wear a 9 in most shoes (puma, adidas, even some dress shoes) but wear a 8.5 in chucks so i was thinking an 8.5 in the 1907's instead of a full size down would be ok since they have the insoles in them.

I'd go with the 9's honestly. I got the 1907s and they fit true to size b/c of the insole. I recommend ordering both the 9 and 8.5s from somewhere like endless.com where the return policy is really easy and they pick up shipping.

9. NeurotRP

NeurotRP Active Member

Just got my Gentleman Travelers in Chestnut:

[​IMG]

10. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

I wear 12 in vans and some other sneakers. I purchased my 1907s in 11.5 (same size as my dress shoes) and they fit pretty good. I have wide feet so I know I couldn't have sized down any. My big toe, however, is pretty close to the end even in 11.5. It's my experience that the 1907s don't run as long as the GTs.

11. matthwang

matthwang Member

hey guys, just bought a pair of 2211's offa ebay for real cheap. They're pretty worn out (hence the cheap), so I figured I'd fix em up. Got some shoe polish and new insoles... any tips or tricks i should know?

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Just got my Gentleman Travelers in Chestnut:

[​IMG]

those are nice

13. SpacePirate

SpacePirate Member

^^^ thanks for the input everyone. i think ill go with my normal size and see how they work out.

14. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I just have this to add: RW are great boots and worth every penny especially if you get them for a good price. My GTs have already been through a lot of shit, and still look amazing, manage to keep my feet warm and dry, and they definitely get even better looking with age (the chestnut color just gets more depth and character.. awesome) 8143s have been a similar experience. I'm definitely sticking with RW for a while, and looking to get a couple more pairs.

Now compare this with Frye boots, which are around the same pricepoint, but are absolute shit when compared to RW. I'm an idiot for not listening to SF and ordering a pair of chelseas from Frye.. Guess I'm going to RMW for those next, since RW chelseas are a bit bulky for me.

15. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I just have this to add: RW are great boots and worth every penny especially if you get them for a good price. My GTs have already been through a lot of shit, and still look amazing, manage to keep my feet warm and dry, and they definitely get even better looking with age (the chestnut color just gets more depth and character.. awesome) 8143s have been a similar experience. I'm definitely sticking with RW for a while, and looking to get a couple more pairs.

Now compare this with Frye boots, which are around the same pricepoint, but are absolute shit when compared to RW. I'm an idiot for not listening to SF and ordering a pair of chelseas from Frye.. Guess I'm going to RMW for those next, since RW chelseas are a bit bulky for me.

The made in USA Fryes are pretty much equal to RW, but I agree the Mexican ones don't even come close.