Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Yep I do like the non-logo version better, but I will definitely not pay more for them. If RW can order the 9011 for $240 right now, but will have a full size run of the 1911s later on for $200, I will definitely wait for the 1911. again one of the reasons being sizing.

But, next time i stop by (its only 2 miles from my house), I will ask him to punch up the 9011 on the computer.

2. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

the 9011 from cultizm is only $200. shipped extremely fast too, from deutschland!

3. headtotoe

headtotoe Well-Known Member

was $200 your net cost to USA?

4. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

was $200 your net cost to USA?
    it's already been stated a few times...if you don't believe it just put the shoes in the cart yourself...

5. headtotoe

headtotoe Well-Known Member

nah, didn't want to register to get precise amount. yeah I saw the number kicked around above. Hey thanks!

6. Rob Rocco

Rob Rocco Member

Would it be sacrilege to purchase a pair of Gentleman Travelers (9011) and then have them 'all blacked'?

Not to derail this thread, but I'm looking for black boots that I can wear in all weather conditions (ice and snow too), with a suit, dress pants, jeans, etc. I think these could fit the bill if they were entirely black.

Should I be looking elsewhere?

7. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

did you know they come in black??

and you really shouldn't wear these with suits. they look like boots

8. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

^Agreed, I don't think they would look good at all with a suit, they are workboots and very casual. If you want an all-weather boot that you can wear for business, I would suggest something like this: [​IMG] or [​IMG] both by Alden

9. Rob Rocco

Rob Rocco Member

did you know they come in black??
    Yes, but I meant colouring the stitching (which is white) and the sole plate on the black version.

...and you really shouldn't wear these with suits. they look like boots
    Yeah, I'm not being facetious when I say I was going for the same look as the Euro-terrorists at the Federal Reserve in Die Hard With A Vengeance. Black polished combat boots with a suit, essentially. Something like this, but with treads suitable for ice or snow.

The Gentleman Traveler seemed to be the right fit, albeit with a larger (higher) toe profile.

10. Rob Rocco

Rob Rocco Member

If you want an all-weather boot that you can wear for business, I would suggest something like this:

[​IMG]

PERFECT! Unfortunately, I don't have the requisite $545 necessary to procure them.

C'est dommage. Thanks for the help.

11. alleyooptroop

alleyooptroop Senior member

sorry to derail the current discussion, but i have a quick question. i just bought a pair of 875's (my first rw's) and i was wondering if i needed to do anything to them before i wear them. should i apply any water repellent or oil? or are they already treated?

12. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

The 875s, like the 9011s, are made of a leather that is already treated to be water resistant. Just keep them clean, use polish if they get scuffed and optionally treat them with mink oil if you find that they are not repelling water as well as they should.

13. alleyooptroop

alleyooptroop Senior member

thanks for the info johnnylaw. so there would be no benefit to treating them with a water repeller?

14. LDawg

LDawg Active Member

What shoe polish (brand and color) are you guys using for the 9011/1911 in Black Cherry?

15. Garage/Surf Rock

Garage/Surf Rock Senior member

I use mink oil about once weekly and a once-monthly Red Wing Boot Oil rub down on my black cherry 1911s.