• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

chethondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
I was told to buy my Chucks size and that worked out perfectly. I'm a 9.5 but bought 9 and they fit fine. Definitely have room in the toe but the rest is snug and fits like a glove...my feet don't move around at all.

We have the same size foot. That's all I needed to hear. I just need to break them in I guess. I'll return the 9.5s.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leif-fire-eater
I'm wearing an 8 in frye boots. Does anybody know how this would compare to the RW Iron Rangers?

I think it may depend on the Model. I have both a 10 and 9.5 in Brando Lace Boots and they both fit fine. I would not even know they are different but for seeing the tag.

I have 2 pairs of Red Wings and they are both 9 and work well.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I love my Red Wings. I have the J Crew collab in dark wood. Have had them for about 2 years--they are finally breaking in nicely.

+1

I've been wearing the dark wood collabs pretty much non-stop for the last month and they're amazing...

sccoopy

Reaction score
How do you guys think of these black 875? not the traditional color for 875, but I want some black boots and already have the GT in cherry
DSC_0742.JPG

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sccoopy
How do you guys think of these black 875? not the traditional color for 875, but I want some black boots and already have the GT in cherry

Not a big fan of those. Have you checked out the Iron Ranger in black?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worn pic of 1907s:

IMG_7936.JPG

Riio

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Iron Rangers but I'm planning to return them, they look clunkier than I expected and are pretty unflattering to my thighs.

sccoopy

Reaction score
what is your shoe size?

Originally Posted by Riio
I picked up a pair of Iron Rangers but I'm planning to return them, they look clunkier than I expected and are pretty unflattering to my thighs.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
anyone got GT chukkas? I'm thinking of getting either one of these... not your usual GT, but I think they might look good wit teh jeanz
d_dac17eb0ff60b90a7387.jpg
d_92b67656a219f71ac8e1.jpg

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sccoopy

DSC_0742.JPG

I like them a lot. I was actually planning on getting a pair of those in the next month or so.

Then again, those are the go to boots of my favorite designer, so maybe I'm a bit bias.
confused.gif

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5315/chai5.jpg
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5420/richardchai.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2489/limandchai2.jpg

DeathBySexy

Reaction score
For those who owns/ has worn both RWs and Frye Brando boots, how would you compare them? I recently received a pair of the Brando inside zip boots.
IMG_0718.jpg
My first pair of boots, I'm having second thoughts about them, particularly about their all around wearability. I'm not looking for work boots, just a pair that can be worn all weather. Pebbled leather upper seems like it might be to nice to wear regularly, and a leather sole apparently isn't good whenever it's wet out. So, before I wear them outside, and am unable to return them, I'm contemplating sending them back and instead getting a pait of RW Genteleman's Travellers. They seem like good all around boots, capable of being dressed up, yet not adversed to getting dirty. Thoughts opinions?

ataru

Reaction score
I own the frye brando engineer in tobacco and i bought and returned a pair of those inside zips during a bluebee sale. The engineers have much thicker, nicer leather IMO. They also run larger than the inside zip.

I haven't seen the redwing GT in person, but I think it would be much better for your purposes than those inside zips.

premierm3

Reaction score

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Riio
Be a man. Put them on and go stomp things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads