• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

spedrunr

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for anything suede/roughout and the understated Red Wing 8057 round toe oxfords. Some people don't like the bulbous toe box, but I like the industrial look that goes well even when wearing them with a dressier outfit.
8057.JPG

Last edited:

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sazon are those the type without the toe box/reinforcement?

I got a pair of the Merchants with soft toe recently, does wonders for the sizing in my case.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sazon are those the type without the toe box/reinforcement?

I got a pair of the Merchants with soft toe recently, does wonders for the sizing in my case.
Yes, these are the unstructured toes. Makes for a comfy boot. This is my first experience with the RW 8 last. Very happy with it. The black Klondike Leather is so soft.

jnik

Reaction score
Yes, these are the unstructured toes. Makes for a comfy boot. This is my first experience with the RW 8 last. Very happy with it. The black Klondike Leather is so soft.
I love the 8. My IRs are the most comfortable shoe I own.

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
I've seen fine Red Wing resoles around by Role Club.

There is a new Role Club thread on Styleforum.

If anyone has a resole, please share pics!

jeradjames

Reaction score
This is my first pair of boots I have owned besides CP Chelseas (which I hardly wear now as tastes have changed) I've been wearing these about a year now solid. Haven't conditioned or cleaned them up yet and will probably be looking at a resole soon/seek out a charcoal pair to rotate. Favorite shoes, can't imagine not wearing boots like this now. I saw a lot of complaints-about how uncomfortable they were but personally mine feel great and the break in period was negligible.

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

jnik

Reaction score
This is my first pair of boots I have owned besides CP Chelseas (which I hardly wear now as tastes have changed) I've been wearing these about a year now solid. Haven't conditioned or cleaned them up yet and will probably be looking at a resole soon/seek out a charcoal pair to rotate. Favorite shoes, can't imagine not wearing boots like this now. I saw a lot of complaints-about how uncomfortable they were but personally mine feel great and the break in period was negligible.

View attachment 1184601

View attachment 1184602

View attachment 1184603
Agreed, I never really understood what people were talking about with the break in period. Mine were great out of the box. I have now had mine for almost 3 years now as part of a (large) rotation and they are easily my most comfortable and most worn footwear.

spedrunr

Reaction score
Agreed, I never really understood what people were talking about with the break in period. Mine were great out of the box. I have now had mine for almost 3 years now as part of a (large) rotation and they are easily my most comfortable and most worn footwear.
Ditto, the day I put mine on I went on vacation with them with light hiking and what not and didn't feel any blisters or hot spots. They were comfortable after the 2nd or 3rd day and are by far my most comfortable (I have 9011/9013 Beckmans, 9875/9871 etc) The only ones that were as comfortable as my 8113's were the Sage 8139 moc toes. The roughout suede breaks in easily.

phaseshift

Reaction score
I just got a pair of 9013s looking to darken them a little. Any suggestions on product and application?

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.