• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Ty Ty

Reaction score
Usually nice and worth the price, but I can generally find better styled boots for the same cost.

Leif-fire-eater

Reaction score
I'm wearing an 8 in frye boots. Does anybody know how this would compare to the RW Iron Rangers?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had like 3 plastic bags of change sitting in my shoe closet, so I have my girlfriend counting it all out and rolling it right now; she's halfway through and it's like $150 so far, so I am gonna go cop a pair of RW beige suede Pecos pull ons this morning, I think.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I had like 3 plastic bags of change sitting in my shoe closet, so I have my girlfriend counting it all out and rolling it right now; she's halfway through and it's like $150 so far, so I am gonna go cop a pair of RW beige suede Pecos pull ons this morning, I think.

Haha. That's terrific. I think my wife would just co-opt all the money for herself.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Haha. That's terrific. I think my wife would just co-opt all the money for herself.

That's the difference between a girlfriend and a wife.
laugh.gif

yusuke

Reaction score
PSA: papashoe.com dropped the prices on RW again. The code TWT15OFF gets you 15% off too.

gabby11303

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of 1907's (classic lifestyle in rough copper). They actually came with a red wing insole. Does anybody wear these boots without an insole? Without the insole they are actually a little big. With the insole in, they are a little snug. Not the toe box, but more like the top of the boot is pushing down on the top of my foot. Will they loosen up or should I just not wear the insoles?

mitchellmcm27

Reaction score
I have the exact same boots, gabby, and they loosened up for me. The first time I wore them they were tight like yours and I even got blisters on my heels. So I wore them around the house and stuff like that, and I wore them in the rain one time. Now I can wear them all day comfortably. They are actually starting to get really comfortable.

boxdiver

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair that I can pull off wearing at a bar/night out with dark jeans but at the same time can wear everyday.

Do any RW's fit this bill? GT, Iron Ranger, Classic?

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boxdiver
I'm looking for a pair that I can pull off wearing at a bar/night out with dark jeans but at the same time can wear everyday.

Do any RW's fit this bill? GT, Iron Ranger, Classic?

I think both the GT and the Iron Ranger would work since they're both pretty sleek. There are definitely other brands that would suit your needs better though. Fiorentini + Baker, ndc, and Buttero all make dressier boots.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Red Wings. I have the J Crew collab in dark wood. Have had them for about 2 years--they are finally breaking in nicely.

prozach1576

Reaction score
I just got some Dark Cherry Gentleman Travlers. I absolutely love how they look, but the laces are terrible. Have any of you replaced the laces? Not sure whether I should just get a better pair of black synthetic laces or go for something a little classier.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Didn't get my suede Pecos boots today, got too busy. Kind of having second thoughts as well, would like some Aldens or Tricker's I guess, though I've been wearing my 875's more lately.

chethondo

Reaction score
Red Wings buying side note: I've been back and forth on what size Red Wing x J. Crew's to get in the rugged classic - either the 9 or 9.5 so I figured I'd put everything to rest and go by a Red Wing store to have my feet measured. They came in at a 10B. I asked the guy if he knew how any of the heritage series should fit and he said he had no clue. Buying these things has been a complete chore. I should not have gone to the store - that messed me up more.

prozach1576

Reaction score
I was told to buy my Chucks size and that worked out perfectly. I'm a 9.5 but bought 9 and they fit fine. Definitely have room in the toe but the rest is snug and fits like a glove...my feet don't move around at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads