Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Ty Ty

Ty Ty New Member

Usually nice and worth the price, but I can generally find better styled boots for the same cost.

2. Leif-fire-eater

Leif-fire-eater Active Member

I'm wearing an 8 in frye boots. Does anybody know how this would compare to the RW Iron Rangers?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I had like 3 plastic bags of change sitting in my shoe closet, so I have my girlfriend counting it all out and rolling it right now; she's halfway through and it's like $150 so far, so I am gonna go cop a pair of RW beige suede Pecos pull ons this morning, I think.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I had like 3 plastic bags of change sitting in my shoe closet, so I have my girlfriend counting it all out and rolling it right now; she's halfway through and it's like $150 so far, so I am gonna go cop a pair of RW beige suede Pecos pull ons this morning, I think.

Haha. That's terrific. I think my wife would just co-opt all the money for herself.

5. velomane

velomane Senior member

Haha. That's terrific. I think my wife would just co-opt all the money for herself.

That's the difference between a girlfriend and a wife.[​IMG]

6. yusuke

yusuke Senior member

PSA: papashoe.com dropped the prices on RW again. The code TWT15OFF gets you 15% off too.

7. gabby11303

gabby11303 Senior member

I just bought a pair of 1907's (classic lifestyle in rough copper). They actually came with a red wing insole. Does anybody wear these boots without an insole? Without the insole they are actually a little big. With the insole in, they are a little snug. Not the toe box, but more like the top of the boot is pushing down on the top of my foot. Will they loosen up or should I just not wear the insoles?

8. mitchellmcm27

mitchellmcm27 Well-Known Member

I have the exact same boots, gabby, and they loosened up for me. The first time I wore them they were tight like yours and I even got blisters on my heels. So I wore them around the house and stuff like that, and I wore them in the rain one time. Now I can wear them all day comfortably. They are actually starting to get really comfortable.

9. boxdiver

boxdiver Senior member

I'm looking for a pair that I can pull off wearing at a bar/night out with dark jeans but at the same time can wear everyday.

Do any RW's fit this bill? GT, Iron Ranger, Classic?

10. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Senior member

I'm looking for a pair that I can pull off wearing at a bar/night out with dark jeans but at the same time can wear everyday.

Do any RW's fit this bill? GT, Iron Ranger, Classic?

I think both the GT and the Iron Ranger would work since they're both pretty sleek. There are definitely other brands that would suit your needs better though. Fiorentini + Baker, ndc, and Buttero all make dressier boots.

11. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I love my Red Wings. I have the J Crew collab in dark wood. Have had them for about 2 years--they are finally breaking in nicely.

12. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I just got some Dark Cherry Gentleman Travlers. I absolutely love how they look, but the laces are terrible. Have any of you replaced the laces? Not sure whether I should just get a better pair of black synthetic laces or go for something a little classier.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Didn't get my suede Pecos boots today, got too busy. Kind of having second thoughts as well, would like some Aldens or Tricker's I guess, though I've been wearing my 875's more lately.

14. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

Red Wings buying side note: I've been back and forth on what size Red Wing x J. Crew's to get in the rugged classic - either the 9 or 9.5 so I figured I'd put everything to rest and go by a Red Wing store to have my feet measured. They came in at a 10B. I asked the guy if he knew how any of the heritage series should fit and he said he had no clue. Buying these things has been a complete chore. I should not have gone to the store - that messed me up more.

15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I was told to buy my Chucks size and that worked out perfectly. I'm a 9.5 but bought 9 and they fit fine. Definitely have room in the toe but the rest is snug and fits like a glove...my feet don't move around at all.