• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

cluebird

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if someone with experience with both of these shoes could lend some insight on this matter. I am a size 9 in Red Wing Beckman boots, and I want to know my size for Wolverine 1Ks to order online. Can anyone give me a comparison or conversion on fit? Thank you!!

Bonka

Reaction score
Depends on your foot width and how snug you wear your Beckman's. Assuming the widest part of your foot roughly lines up with the widest part of the boot go with the same size. For reference, mine are -0.5 as my Brannock measurement - allows for wool socks. I could probably fit a full size down comfortably if I only wore thin socks with them - a bit too snug for me with thicker socks.

RW and 1000 Miles generally 0.5 down from TTS.

Last edited:

EPrest90

Reaction score
are the Beckmans true to size?
Most RW run a tad large. The round toe beckmans and the Iron rangers(both on the same last) run a little longer than the rest. I wear an 8.5 in nikes and 8 in most RW. My Iron rangers and beckmans are a little bit longer than my moc toes for instance. I possibly would have gone with a 7.5EE Iron ranger and been fine, but the 8 fits will with thin insole that I didn't have the urge to exchange them.

TL;DR typically size half down

Noirkw

Reaction score
You could take a look at the munson ranger. It's reddish and similar to oxblood color than the ambers.

Werder

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone here familiar with the Red Wing/Nigel Cabourn Munson boot?

I have used them for six months now and it looks like they are "coloring" my socks due to the leather on the inside. It also smells really bad when i have used them. Is this normal? I have used both dry and wet socks on my feet when wearing them and the problem occurs regulary. Very disappointing for shoes that I've paid 500 euros for!

ElBron21

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone here familiar with the Red Wing/Nigel Cabourn Munson boot?

I have used them for six months now and it looks like they are "coloring" my socks due to the leather on the inside. It also smells really bad when i have used them. Is this normal? I have used both dry and wet socks on my feet when wearing them and the problem occurs regulary. Very disappointing for shoes that I've paid 500 euros for!

The leather insoles stain lighter colored socks, thats normal.
I dont know what wet socks are though?
But chances are youre a heavy foot sweater which is a great condition for bad smells
I suggest buying odor eaters and throwing that **** in their regularly and heavily and the problem should go away quickly
I doubt it has anything to do with the expensive boots mate

ElBron21

Reaction score
I wanted a dressy boot in black, so last week I had my RW store order the black beckmans and the black brogue rangers in my size..
Went and tried them both on today and I cant decide, they both look awesome
Def cant afford both so Im in debate mode

EPrest90

Reaction score
I wanted a dressy boot in black, so last week I had my RW store order the black beckmans and the black brogue rangers in my size..
Went and tried them both on today and I cant decide, they both look awesome
Def cant afford both so Im in debate mode
I've been looking for a deal on the brogue ranger for a while now.

What's your size? overstock as the brogue for 25% off, i think sizes 10-13 though

ElBron21

Reaction score
I've been looking for a deal on the brogue ranger for a while now.

What's your size? overstock as the brogue for 25% off, i think sizes 10-13 though

Unfortunately Im an 8.
The guy that usually works at my store always gives me at least 15% off since Ive bought 6 pairs from the heritage line there
but he wasnt working today, so thats also why i left to mull things over for a day or 2
I also didnt help the situation by putting an offer in on these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Wing-fo...325-/271800857940?ssPageName=ADME:B:BODO:US:1

ElBron21

Reaction score
JCrew also as a sale for 25% the red wings they have too...

lodobazz

Reaction score
I own a pair of Red Wing work Chukkas with a white sole (similar to the moc toe boots). I really hate how easily the sides get filthy on the bottom. My question is, is there a way to prevent the dirt from sticking? Something like sno seal just on the white maybe? Has anyone tried staining/painting them?

Thanks. Love the boots otherwise.

EPrest90

Reaction score
I own a pair of Red Wing work Chukkas with a white sole (similar to the moc toe boots). I really hate how easily the sides get filthy on the bottom. My question is, is there a way to prevent the dirt from sticking? Something like sno seal just on the white maybe? Has anyone tried staining/painting them?

Thanks. Love the boots otherwise.
I actually contacted Red Wing's customer service. They recommended a baking soda water solution and scrub with a tooth brush. My local Red Wing store guy also said tooth whitening toothpaste

jmaudi0

Reaction score
mr. clean magic eraser works well for cleaning the wedge soles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads