• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Scott Stevens

Reaction score
Anyone else find that the Moc toe fits slightly slimmer than the chukka? I know they are both D width. maybe is the shape of the boot...

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else find that the Moc toe fits slightly slimmer than the chukka? I know they are both D width. maybe is the shape of the boot...

Yes. I've found the moc-toe Red Wings to run TTS whereas the plain toe last fits a half size large.

buzzlulu

Reaction score
I take a 9 in the Moc Toe while I need a 9.5 in the 3 eyelet chukka (slimmer last)

cassiusclay

Reaction score
Just bought my first pair of 875 and i sized half a size down to a 11.5D. The fit is nice but my heel keeps on moving up when i walk. I tried a full size down but my toes were touching the toe box. Should i keep my boots? width is okay ( only offered in D or E, I chose D). will it get better when its broken in?

cathpah

Reaction score
Just bought my first pair of 875 and i sized half a size down to a 11.5D. The fit is nice but my heel keeps on moving up when i walk. I tried a full size down but my toes were touching the toe box. Should i keep my boots? width is okay ( only offered in D or E, I chose D). will it get better when its broken in?
Yes.

Lace up the boots nice and tight to help form the heel pocket and that should go away pretty quickly.

mwcarper13

Reaction score
How well do Red Wings play with orthotic insoles? I need to wear one, or at least some kind of soft insole from a running shoe or the like.

I tried the Chukka in my true size, 10, and it fit well, but there wasn't any room for an insole. Should I bother trying for the 10.5? Or would I have better luck with the normal boots, which fit larger. For instance, the Blacksmith in a 9.5? Do the boots have more volume than the chukkas?

cathpah

Reaction score

How well do Red Wings play with orthotic insoles? I need to wear one, or at least some kind of soft insole from a running shoe or the like.

I tried the Chukka in my true size, 10, and it fit well, but there wasn't any room for an insole. Should I bother trying for the 10.5? Or would I have better luck with the normal boots, which fit larger. For instance, the Blacksmith in a 9.5? Do the boots have more volume than the chukkas?

Given your needs, I'd highly recommend trying the boots on in-person. You can see the different lasts online, so there's no sense in going in blins given you have the ability to try a lot of these on in person.

Maitiu

Reaction score
Just snagged my first pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers 8116 charcoal leather style. Pretty pumped about it!

A few question to anyone owning the Iron Rangers. Do you use shoe tree's in them? And what are you guys using to take care and clean the leather?

Really digging these boots so far!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads