• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Neognosis

Reaction score
discovered a flaw in the way the shaft is stitched to the vamp of the left boot in the pair of Beckman's I just bought. The local red wing store is doing a return and replacement for me, even though I bought them in another state while on vacation. I think that's nice of them.

Scott Stevens

Reaction score
How does the round toe compare in size to the chukka and moc? I'm a 10 in the chukka and moc.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. New Beckman wingtip style# 9051. Looks like it may be Europe only though :(

EPrest90

Reaction score
Interesting. New Beckman wingtip style# 9051. Looks like it may be Europe only though
frown.gif

Not gonna lie, like the Brogue Ranger a lot more for a wingtip boot. This is one of the few Red Wings I'm not feeling...

xdawes23

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got the chance of comparing the Wolverine 1000 miles and the Red Wing Beckmans. In comparison, I found the Wolverine 1000 miles more comfortable and it has less of the work boot look which in fits well into my business casual outfits. I really like the waxed laces that came with it, but they aren't too durable. The Red Wings were less comfortable due to the fact that they are rather heavy and I never got the chance to break them in properly. The boots are the same size, but the Beckmans were larger in the toe box. The sole on the Beckman's has the great grip yet still maintains the classic look, its a great option for traveling in snow or rain.

If anyone is interested I'm selling a pair of Beckman's in size 8.5 - BLACK CHERRY

http://www.styleforum.net/t/411972/red-wing-beckman-9011-boots-size-8-5/0_100

Last edited:

therewasatime

Reaction score
Question for anyone who has word the Red Wing Work Chukka in Copper (Rough and Tough):

What are your thoughts on using Obenauf's LP on this leather? Would there be any issues with using Obenauf's vs. mink oil... or something similar?

Any experience?

Thank you.

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Looking to get my 4th pair of Red Wings and I need some sizing advice. I currently have
8131 Moc Toe 6" wedge size 9
8144 Round Toe 6" wedge size 9
Chukka boot 3 eyelet wedge - size up on these to a 9.5

I now want to buy a pair of Blacksmiths - same last as Beckmans - last #8

go with the same size as my 6" boots listed above ???

Thanks

f800gs

Reaction score
Yea, for the 8 last most size down half size from bannock size.

f800gs

Reaction score
???
Yea - meaning same size as my mod toe and round toe 6" boots?
Do you know what your brannock measurement is?

If so subtract half a size.

Since the chukka run tts I would go with the 9.

Hope this helps.

CityofChamps

Reaction score
@bl@ster

That brogue is only European as far as I know.

Does anyone know if RW would build a brogue ranger with a beckman sole if we went through a local RW store? I would buy that.

Last edited:

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Replaced the laces on my 9017 and gave them a buff in preparation for cooler weather.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads