• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Blackbird is now carrying the 9012 Beckman Moc Toe. I've been digging this all summer and wanting it for Fall. Their pics are the best representations I've seen on the web.

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Red_...Moc_14119.html

I just purchased a pair of these from www.zonkshop.com today after blackbird didn't have my size. I went with the tan vs. the black or dark cherry 9010. They were $30.00 cheaper and free shipping both ways if they don't fit. I sized down one full size. I'm super stoked to get these in the mail.
Cheers,

obnavox3

Reaction score
The one one cultizm says European edition is all. Wondered if there was a difference.

ruslev

Reaction score
I have to 9012 beckman moc toe - They are great. I sized down half a size. I bought them at bakers boots and they recommended the down size. I wore them and applied mink oil at night for a couple of weeks when they went into the rotation, and they now fit and feel great.
My first red wing and I am very impressed. I am looking at more boots like the 1000 mile, but I woulud get another red wing GT in a second.

Max Coleman

Reaction score
^looks like those have been discontinued in the black cherry, all of a sudden? guess that explains how i got them for $209.
i sized a whole size down--and kinda wish i had just gone down a half... and the break-in is slow... but they are beautiful!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
if you wear 7.5US, this is a cheap price for the chestnut color GT ...which look really f'ing good. better than black or black cherry **interesting bit...the chestnut boot isnt described on zappos as being waterproof which I assumed all GTs were (chromexcel or featherstone or whatever they are calling it these days), and one guy reviewing said he expected the break in to be tough but the leather was actually butter soft and needed no break in. wonder if the chestnut is a completely different boot, leatherwise, and doesnt scar up your ankles for 2 weeks like my Black Cherrys did

JRyder

Reaction score

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
...which look really f'ing good. better than black or black cherry

**interesting bit...the chestnut boot isnt described on zappos as being waterproof which I assumed all GTs were (chromexcel or featherstone or whatever they are calling it these days), and one guy reviewing said he expected the break in to be tough but the leather was actually butter soft and needed no break in. wonder if the chestnut is a completely different boot, leatherwise, and doesnt scar up your ankles for 2 weeks like my Black Cherrys did

I have not tried on the Black Cherry, but the Chestnut 9012's I tried on were stiff w/out being harsh. Not "buttery" but seemed like they would soften up well. They moc toe does change the way the toe box would feel, I imagine. Maybe it's apples to oranges w/ re: GT vs Moc Toe

Also, re: waterproof-ness, I didn't realize they were treated somehow? I assumed they were leather, an therefore were great at resiting weather, but for true waterproof-ness you'd need to treat them w/ something like Sno-Seal or Obenauf's (sp?).

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Just a head up. Our first Redwing shipment arrived today. It includes the Classic Moc Toe, Work Chukka, and Wabasha Chukka. Pictures, prices, and stock will be up on the blog later today. I'm wearing my black cherry Beckmans right now for the first time and they are great. They haven't really been painful at all yet. For reference, i went down half a size from what i wear in chucks and it worked out perfectly.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Do you need a code for that 10% off promotion?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads