Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Red Wings on The Clymb today.

2. mindB

mindB New Member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  3. youblewit

youblewit Member

Yea I found a few places, there is amazon which will ship certain shoes to Australia and not others but it seemed portland trading co would send all their shoes to Australia where as amazon was hit or miss. I wanted a pair of 9013 and ended up getting them off rakuten best to use an on-shipper. My order is currently up in the air they send me an email saying they were unavailable in my size then the next day sent me a confirmation of shipping. Google translate japanese to english is painful and useless. Using an japanese on shipper would probably handle any of those issues. Currently I'm just playing a wait and see...

Stuarts London seem to ship to Australia and had a good selection. Probably best to order from Red Wing Berlin or Red Wing Amsterdam and getting a proxy / on-shipper to send to Australia

4. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

5. dlaz

dlaz Well-Known Member

thanks! :)

6. elduderino

elduderino Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger on a pair of 8881s today on eBay. Very excited for them to arrive.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  7. elduderino

Yup, but also…
    [​IMG]

Nope, but seriously, you guys, here's some pics from the auction for your sheer enjoyment
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :inlove:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  8. what whale

what whale Senior member

Hi all,

I have a sizing question relative to Brannock measurement. I measure right in between 10,5 and 11. My Clarks Jicks, I wear a 10,5. I'm looking at the Chukka in oro, what's a best guess as to my size? 10,5? 10?

Thanks very much in advance. I'll post pics once I have them, great boot!

9. Dmagicn

Dmagicn Member

I got a question about the Red wing boot sizing. I normally wear a size 8-8.5 in sneakers (Nike and Jordans) i was wondering what size should i go with for the Moc Toe Redwing boots 6in? i was thinking i'd be good in a size 8 since most of my sneakers are 8.5 and i have like 1 or 2 pars of a sz 8

Sizing based off of sneakers is very unreliable. Best thing to do is go to a shoe store or Nordstrom and get measured on a Brannock Device. Then size down .5 from your measured true size.

But yes, sz8 is a good guess.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  11. elduderino

[email protected] is right. The sizing of sneakers varies too much (it's everything between 9.5-11 for me), half a size should be appropriate for them to not be too narrow.

Just to have it in this thread if somebody is wondering: the insoles are not exchangeable. From an email exchange with red wing staff "The insole is sewn on the welt: so the insole can’t be removed since it’s key for the whole construction on the shoe."
    Still very comfy. If you don't need custom insoles because of medical reasons, there's no need to think about it. If you do, Thorogood Moc Toes may be a better fit.

12. dlaz

dlaz Well-Known Member

yeap I guess a US8 is your best guess.
    I wear a US9.5 in vans,and i can wear a US8.5 D or US8 E for moc toes.
    But from my experience with Iron Ranger,i would prefer a US9D for a bit breathing room in them and i need sometimes to have an extra insole cause of my runners' heel.right now my US8.5 iron range is very snug so there's no room for an extra insole. but for my US8.5D Mocs,they're fine and even now feels roomier.

13. Mr Wave

Mr Wave Member

Hey guys,

Just bought myself a pair of 3141 heritage chukkas, and don't really have a clue on what exactly I should do to care for them. Do you have any tips/suggestions, perhaps there's a post you guys could point me to that would be helpful?

Thank you.

14. Dmagicn

Dmagicn Member

Thank you all for the polite and informative/helpful replies. Unlike other people in a thread i created being all jerky about it....ah well thanks guys!