1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Red Wing 4556 Iron Ranger Boots with flannel suit ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by john_sf, Dec 28, 2015.

1. john_sf

john_sf Well-Known Member

Comments on wearing these boots:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Red-W...556-Iron-Ranger-Boots/MH00388,default,pd.html

with a thick flannel suit, while in very inclement weather ?

Not just cold, but several inches of snow on the ground, etc.

I think they look quite good, and the color matches well a grey flannel suit, but the black rubber sole is throwing me off a bit ...

So, flannel suit (two or three piece) with a chesterfield style overcoat ... and those boots ... properly dressed ?

2. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

3. john_sf

john_sf Well-Known Member

4. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Sure, I mean when you're walking around in the snow... I'm in NYC and on REALLY bad days I wear goloshes, ski boots, or my AS Hannovers (I heavily oiled the leather) because I have to walk about 2-3 miles in the snow but I change once I get in the office.

YMMV depending on your work environment. I wear bluchers with tweed suilts (e.g., EG Galway, Alden) but those Iron Rangers are too casual in my opinion. Generally I'm in bals most of the day.