• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Red Wing 1913, is this the light brown GT?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know but those are beautiful!!!! If you ask me that is the color they should have made from the begining.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes and I think they look great. However, I noticed they aren't the Chromexcel leather which is pretty unique and one of the main draws of GTs. Says abrasion-resistant something or other. someone get em and tell me how they are

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting thing is that these are like $90? more than the other ones on cultizm. Wish someone could report on quality...

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since they're called "beckman" boots and they don't have the red wing centennial logo stamped on the side, I'm rather sure they're 9013 instead of the more limited 1913. Why so expensive though?

invalid_user

Reaction score
Have any of you seen these anywhere?
I found them on Red Wing's Europe site. Are they sold there at Red Wing stores? They don't seem to be available in the States. I did find them online here: http://www.classicredwingshoes.co.uk/products/9012 along with the 9013 posted above. I think they only ship to the UK though but shipping is free and the price is better than Cultizm at 160 pounds (about $230 USD). Would anyone near London like to proxy?

kit99bar

Reaction score
interesting, looks like the 875 toe + GT everything else.

Racove

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kit99bar
interesting, looks like the 875 toe + GT everything else.

definitely. reminds me of those jcrew x RW's, but better.

scoon0224

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Yes and I think they look great. However, I noticed they aren't the Chromexcel leather which is pretty unique and one of the main draws of GTs. Says abrasion-resistant something or other. someone get em and tell me how they are
The chromexcel Red Wings are no more (unless there's some old stock somewhere) Were an anniversary edition, now released in the same styles with Red Wings own, more scratch resistant leather. Someone here ordered the 1911 from Cultizm, they were actually 9011. edit: cultizm has corrected their site, they list 9011 now

invalid_user

Reaction score
Good news...for those of you in the States that are interested in the 9013, I emailed Red Wing and this is what they had to say: Our style 9013 will be introduced to our US retailers in March 2009. Sincerely, Matt Streiff Red Wing Brands of America 1-800-733-9464 [email protected]

invalid_user

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I also asked about the 9012 and it will be introduced at the same time.

redwinglover

Reaction score
hi,

has anybody used the onlineshop from ClassicRedWingShoes.co.uk from europe ?

because i am from germany and want to buy a pair of 9013.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by invalid_user
Have any of you seen these anywhere?

I found them on Red Wing's Europe site. Are they sold there at Red Wing stores? They don't seem to be available in the States. I did find them online here:

I just saw this post. This model is available at the Filson Store here in Portland, OR. I'm seriously wanting it. I've found it online here: http://www.bakerboot.com/red-wing-ca...2-beckman.html

I think the Filson store price is more like $280.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 235 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.7%
  • 31 - 40