1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

red/white pincord suit - would you wear it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NukeMeSlowly, Jun 15, 2006.

1. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

dangerous territory....

and if your complexion is toward the pinkish, double trouble.

Which is why I didn't buy.... Red and Pink are tricky colors for me.

2. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Which is why I didn't buy.... Red and Pink are tricky colors for me.

yep, in the summer with some sun on my skin, it looks fine, but during the fall / winter there is no contrast.
    I'd walk around looking look like a giant pink pearl eraser.

3. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I couldn't pull that off, but I do have one of their custom shirts made from that pincord material and the material is spectular

4. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

[​IMG]

You know, I kind of like that. I don't know if I could pull it off, but it's certainly fun and different. If I were to get that, though, I'd wear the coat and vest with cream flannel trousers. The entire suit might be too much all at once.

5. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Margaret, you're mental. Narrow stripes only make me look thinner.

6. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

[​IMG]

"Purple like a Grape?"

"No, Purple Like a plum"

7. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

What the fuck?

8. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Fabulous suit, Tomasso. Who made it?

Marc Guyot.

http://www.marcguyot.com/

!luc

9. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

I just purchased it. Any shirt and shoe suggestions? I will post pics when I get it!!!

10. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

[​IMG]
    Margaret, you're mental. Narrow stripes only make me look thinner.

I'm only talking about the extremes; yes, a suit with prominent pinstripes that are especially closely spaced (1/4"?) would empasize the vertical. A suit with chalkstripes that are more broadly spaced (3/4") won't necessarily make a slender person look more slender or less slender, but just doesn't look as visually balanced as it would on a larger man. 1/2" spacing seems best. But that's just my opinion on single-breasted. Double-breasted seems to be a slightly different dynamic because of the visual line created by the prominent lapels with their strong diagonal lines (e.g, Fred Astaire).

Of course, I could be completely talking out of my butt here. But I likes what I likes, okay?

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Wow. I'd buy it if I were a barber though. Barber pole styleeee boyaaaaa! [​IMG]

12. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    You must go with white bucks. Simply no other option.

13. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior member

I just purchased it. Any shirt and shoe suggestions? I will post pics when I get it!!!

Shit. I lost my chance to be the first one on the Style Forum block to own one.

14. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

This is a tough one. Even though the buttons are black, I wouldn't go with black shoes for sure. That would be way too harsh a contrast. I'm thinking light brown shoes and just a solid white shirt with a tie a little darker in colour than the suit.

15. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm only talking about the extremes; yes, a suit with prominent pinstripes that are especially closely spaced (1/4"?) would empasize the vertical. A suit with chalkstripes that are more broadly spaced (3/4") won't necessarily make a slender person look more slender or less slender, but just doesn't look as visually balanced as it would on a larger man. 1/2" spacing seems best. But that's just my opinion on single-breasted. Double-breasted seems to be a slightly different dynamic because of the visual line created by the prominent lapels with their strong diagonal lines (e.g, Fred Astaire).

Of course, I could be completely talking out of my butt here. But I likes what I likes, okay?

There's nothing incorrect about your observations. Stripes are a trickier subject than other patterns. For example, flap pockets can counter the impact of thin stripes. (But flap pockets on a pinstriped suit often don't mix.)

16. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

(But flap pockets on a pinstriped suit often don't mix.)

Out of curiousity, what do you mean by this?

I have a variety of striped suits, some narrow, some wider, some pinstripes, some chalkstripes and they're all flapped and look good (of course I guess I'm biased since I own them). I'm just not sure what you mean.

17. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

The suit came today and isn't bad for the $68.00 it cost me. So i guess my only options are white shoes, white shirt, and a red tie. Am I right?

18. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

The suit came today and isn't bad for the $68.00 it cost me. So i guess my only options are white shoes, white shirt, and a red tie. Am I right?

No red tie. Id wear a red shirt with this before id wear a red tie. A red tie will signify a certain fumbling to match.

Navy knit tie, even with white dots on it.

19. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

POST PICTURES! With or without the tie.

A pale blue shirt might be nice too.

Actually, why DO you need a tie at all? I assume you're not wearing this to the office.

20. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

Here is a pic of the jacket and a possible tie to help you guys out.

[​IMG]