• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red sole bucks

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
If it's a cheaper option that you're wanting go with the Bass "Exeter," I got a pair cheap on ebay and I've had no problems at all with them after two summers of light/moderate wear.

Seafinch

Reaction score
+1 for yuks.... got some of the seconds off of ebay. They're great.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mark mcnairy's red brick soles are stunning ...

Epaulet, Inventory, and A continuous lean all have various models of some sick bucks

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coal_Mining_Polak
If it's a cheaper option that you're wanting go with the Bass "Exeter," I got a pair cheap on ebay and I've had no problems at all with them after two summers of light/moderate wear.
+1 got mine on sale for $41 in Berkeley. Available in 3 colors. Edit: Should also point out these AE versions on sale: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...ctId=3211_4664 B.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Yuketen-DIRT...#ht_723wt_1165 Dunno how Yuketens fit though.
Those fit half a size big. The last is narrow though....more like a C width than a D.I believe they are now transitioning to wider lasts ( see the Yuketen thread). I have them and they are great...the quality of the suede is really good and they're a really nice colour. One slight drawback is that the Vibram sole unit is pretty heavy. The ones on ebay were a good deal but they were unfinished if i remember correctly...they didn't have any insole.

JRyder

Reaction score
I decided to order the M&O Bass Buckingham shoe. Its hard to determine the construction and quality without seeing them directly. I'll let you know what they're like. In actuality I like these better than a lot of the more forward styles out there, the classic look is really appealing.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JRyder
I decided to order the M&O Bass Buckingham shoe. Its hard to determine the construction and quality without seeing them directly. I'll let you know what they're like. In actuality I like these better than a lot of the more forward styles out there, the classic look is really appealing.

Please keep us posted! I'm actually interested in these myself.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"vintage " LL Bean. Love em.
bb2.jpg

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Bass Bucks were the kicks of choice at my hs with my crowd. We beat the **** out of them in all high school scenarios you can think of. They hold up admirably, and get to be like slippers on your feet.

Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
OConnell's ones are pretty nice. Scroll down.

http://shop.oconnellsclothing.com/casual_shoes.php

What, these?

1247175825.jpg

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How were these, JRyder? I'm still eying them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads