• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Socks??

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's been said that every man should own a pair of red cashmere socks.....I do...and some lighter weight fabrics...
Do you rock da red socks?? How?? When? Do you rock with a work suit?

chrisb0109

Reaction score
I have cotton red socks, along with plum, teal, blue, and yellow.

I wear all of the above anytime I feel the colors are appropriate.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several pair and love to wear them with suits (but not at client sites) and jeans.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear them with odd jackets, blazers, and other casual clothing, never with suits.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not yet but I like some of the suedehead looks of the late sixties - early seventies. Thick rimmed brogues with red socks and two tone or sta press strides was a staple. Been meaning to get some for a while. Do Gold Toe make them?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a great pair of red Pantherella cashmere blend socks. They gave me quite a bit of wear, but they are now in the sock graveyard. I have yet to replace them.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Tomorrow, I will wear scarlet OTC cotton socks from Viccel with a pearl gray Polo sb suit (3 button with side vents and ticket pocket), a Polo linen tie (red circles on a blue background), a medium blue Jantzen fc shirt, red on red Trafalgar silk suspenders, a silk handkerchief (red squares on a blue background), scarlet silk knots, and a pair of Loake Pimlico chukkas in dark brown (rain is in the forecast but it will be a lovely 72F).

ecclespeccles

Reaction score
i feel i get optimal rocking of the socks with dark brown shoes, dark navy trousers and my olivey green (dark) tweed with red overstripe

Archivist

Reaction score
Some burgundy, and a pair of burnt orange. I like them with charcoal suits.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear dark red socks with navy polka dots for fun with a suit. Always gets compliments from ladies. Always.

denacethemennis

Reaction score
I've seen it pulled off around the office. Charcoal suit with red socks and a pair of gorgeous dark brown loafers. Great look.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my ******* red socks won't make the playoffs this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads