• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red pocket square with white edge...

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Title says it all, really.

Preferably one in linen, although I'd take cotton or silk in a pinch.

Thanks, gents.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Where do you live?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you live?
Melbourne, Australia.

(Huh. Used to be a 'location' field over to the left - guess it got lost in the server move.)

The only place I know locally that stocks what I'm looking for is "Harrold's" on Collins St., and their squares run about ninety-five bucks apiece. If I can find one for less, that'd be a bonus. Online would be a further bonus.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Well, I can't help you then. Sorry, never been there.

Online is a good idea. I know some good sources for ties, but not pocket squares. I'm far from an online expert, though, but other members know what's available and I bet they can help you.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I would think Robert Talbott would offer something suitable. Try some of the online vendors for the pocket squares. I ran across one once that had pages and pages of them, but I didn't bookmark it. You might also try Hanauer. They'll do custom stuff and might be able to make something for you.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This isn't likely to help you one iota, but I believe that Zegna had one in linen when they were doing the contrasting-tipping thing a year or two ago. I doubt that they still have one lying around, but one might show up on eBay.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
We can kill two birds with one stone. Some skilled entrepreneur buy a few yards, make them Nick's specs and--voila.--official Style Forum pocket square.

tdial

Reaction score
We can kill two birds with one stone. Some skilled entrepreneur buy a few yards, make them Nick's specs and--voila.--official Style Forum pocket square.
You know, I think the Style Forum pocket square is an excellent idea, like the tie idea. The pocket square is more subtle. And you don't acknowledge another Style Forum member when you see him/her on the street except of a subtle nod or tip of the hat as your two paths cross.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It should be done by hand - as far as I know a small strip of (white in this case) linen is sewn to the edge, possibly by machine, and then it is rolled over the edge and hand stitched. It's pretty simple, but probably not easy to do it exactly right and get all the stitches even.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads