• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Oxx Carry-On Luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubbsj20

Reaction score
I am selling a custom made and designed Red Oxx carry-on bag (cost $345 new). This bag is exceptional for "one-bag" travel. Full details about the features/design can be found below.

I have been slowly selling off my high-end luggage (I sold my Air Boss on here about a month ago) — I just don’t travel as much as I used to and most of my leisure travel is short in duration (which requires only a small bag). All in all, this bag is in perfect condition (no scratches, tears, etc.).

Here are the details about the bag’s design:

- The design is similar to the Sky Train, but has one central compartment and the dimensions extended (to prevent the bag from bulging badly, as I feel the Sky Train does)
- The dimensions of the bag measure: 22” x 14” x 9” (making it perfectly sized for maximum legal carry-on)
- The main compartment includes two tie down straps (see picture) to keep your belongs in place
- There are multiple ways to carry the bag: retractable backpack straps (which can be stored in the smugglers pocket when not in use), Euro handles on the side and top (very comfortable in the hand), over the shoulder using the excellent Claw Shoulder Strap
- There is an exterior zippered full length flat pocket along the front of the bag (great for documents, your headphones, etc.)
- There is also a small (11” x 9”) pocket on the inside of the lid of the bag (perfect spot to stash your passport, electronics, etc.)
- The main zipper includes a flap to prevent any dust, etc. from getting into the bag

A bit about the backpack straps:
Red Oxx usually uses metal ALICE pack strap adjusters and metal swivel clips (see their website if you are curious). Frankly these items are heavy and in my opinion a bit overkill. I had these items replaced with military grade, USA made plastic hardware, which is incredibly durable and light weight. The backpack straps are thick padded and soft to the touch (i.e. comfortable under heavy weight) and there is a removable sternum strap.

Some final details:
- Bag is completely made in the USA
- It includes a lifetime warranty. If anything goes wrong (ever), Red Oxx will fix the bag
- Fabric: 1000D Cordura Nylon (very durable), fabric is weather resistant
- The bag is lined with 400D red nylon packcloth
- The back of the bag (the part against your back when the backpack straps are deployed) has 4 lb. Volara closed cell foam padding
- All zippers are #10 YKK Vislon self-locking (i.e. very difficult for a thief to pull apart)
- All parts of the bag are doubled stitched and bound
- Bag is basically bomb proof

If you have any questions, please let me know. PayPal or Google Wallet. I will cover shipping in the Continental US via UPS Ground.

Attachments

• _DSC2647.jpg
    _DSC2647.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 12
  • _DSC2641.jpg
    _DSC2641.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • _DSC2642.jpg
    _DSC2642.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • _DSC2643.jpg
    _DSC2643.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • _DSC2644.jpg
    _DSC2644.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • _DSC2645.jpg
    _DSC2645.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • _DSC2646.jpg
    _DSC2646.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • _DSC2647.jpg
    _DSC2647.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the Red Oxx Air Boss bag from this seller. He's a first class guy and the Red Oxx quality is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads