red monkey

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackplatano, Jul 23, 2006.

1. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Hows the quality and construction of red monkey jeans?

2. minya

minya Senior member

Overpriced, overrated.

3. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Overpriced, overrated.
    So buy them!

4. kronik

kronik Senior member

5. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

When Jay-Z and LeBron stop wearing them you will be left with a $400 denim rag with flashy back pockets.

6. Dunnymonster

Dunnymonster Member

Overpriced, overrated.

I take it from that comment that you have never actually seen a real pair of RMC's Jeans, just the millions of crappy copies that have flooded the USA, in which case i would agree wholeheartedly. If you find a genuine pair then think super Evisu quality, they are that good if not better. For the price you will not find a better quility Denim or Build quality!

7. the etruscan

the etruscan Senior member

I take it from that comment that you have never actually seen a real pair of RMC's Jeans, just the millions of crappy copies that have flooded the USA, in which case i would agree wholeheartedly. If you find a genuine pair then think super Evisu quality, they are that good if not better. For the price you will not find a better quility Denim or Build quality!

How much do they pay?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've actually seen plenty of genuine RMC jeans. They are a worthwhile buy only insofar as you wish to pay $400+ for the back pocket embroidery. Otherwise, the denim, while of decent quality, is no better than that on many $200 pairs, not are the details any better rendered than those from any of 5EP, Kicking Mule, Dior Homme, Somet, or PRPS, none of which, excepting the last, top the $300 mark for the unwashed denim.

9. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

seen them, but have you?

you arent paying $700, $400, or even $150 for the quality of the construction or the flattering cut. what you are paying the overrated, overpriced sum for is exclusivity. the joy of knowing you paid a lot for something you wont see on most anyone else and if you do, theirs is probably fake. the pleasure of knowing that your back pockets scream out "unique" and "special". if that is how you feel about RMC, then its money well spent. the generally feel of styleforum is that we know quality when we see, feel, and live in it, but dont need to make it obvious to others via ninjas, sunrises, nude women, or what have you embroidered on our rears.

10. Dunnymonster

Dunnymonster Member

I would certainly accept that RMC Jeans are not everybodies taste style wise, and yes they do shout " exclusive" but so does a ferrari or lambourgini and i am sure few would turn either of those cars down. I agree that the denim quality of a small selection of jean brands can probably match RMC in quality, but i wouldnt say that any other jean brand is made in the very limited numbers that RMC Jeans are made, and yes you are quite right it is nice to know that you are extremely unlikely to see anybody else wearing the same jeans as yourself which goes some way to justifying the cost for me. Incidently i own two pairs of RMC's but also own over 30 other brands of jeans all high end designer labels and i feel most proud to be one of the few who has Genuine RMC in my collection.

11. Kabuki Danshi

Kabuki Danshi Active Member

i have two pairs

got the first for 600 usd

2nd pair for 650 usd

worse jeans i ever bought, i duno y i ever got em

plz dont waste money like i idiotically did

12. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

I would certainly accept that RMC Jeans are not everybodies taste style wise, and yes they do shout " exclusive" but so does a ferrari or lambourgini and i am sure few would turn either of those cars down. I agree that the denim quality of a small selection of jean brands can probably match RMC in quality, but i wouldnt say that any other jean brand is made in the very limited numbers that RMC Jeans are made, and yes you are quite right it is nice to know that you are extremely unlikely to see anybody else wearing the same jeans as yourself which goes some way to justifying the cost for me. Incidently i own two pairs of RMC's but also own over 30 other brands of jeans all high end designer labels and i feel most proud to be one of the few who has Genuine RMC in my collection.
    Sure, Ferrari and Lambourgini shout "exclusive" .... for most of the owners they also seem to shout "douchebag" and "overcompensating" for a percentage of the guys that own them anyway. As LA Guy pointed out, RMC are not top of the line and as you just pointed out, you are not buying them for quality you are buying them for exclusivity. There are other brands that have the same level of exclusivity if not more and are superior quality - like Paul Smith Red Ear Japan for example so I think that we can all agree that your comment "For the price you will not find a better quility Denim or Build quality!" doesn't hold water.

13. Kabuki Danshi

Kabuki Danshi Active Member

Sure, Ferrari and Lambourgini shout "exclusive" .... for most of the owners they also seem to shout "douchebag" and "overcompensating" for a percentage of the guys that own them anyway.

As LA Guy pointed out, RMC are not top of the line and as you pointed out, you are not buying them for quality. There are other brands that have the same level of exclusivity if not more - like Paul Smith Red Ear Japan for example.

well said but whats that brand ur talking about at the end?

14. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

15. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Senior member

Sure, Ferrari and Lambourgini shout "exclusive" .... for most of the owners they also seem to shout "douchebag" and "overcompensating" for a percentage of the guys that own them anyway.

I wonder what jeans would say Lotus Elise or Lotus Exige. [​IMG]