• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Red Honey?

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Hahahaha! What an awesome story. All these slow-food, buy-locally, damned-the-food-scientists types have to be crying in their home-brewed-with-organically-grown-hops-in-antique-vats beer. Maybe they can throw their custom-made-and-artfully-curated axes and go destroy the cherry factory.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I couldn't get past "slow food activist" without puking. Sorry.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I couldn't get past "slow food activist" without puking. Sorry.
Mr. Mosanto here doesn't like these types of people.
I think this story is funny as hell. The indignation!!!!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Mr. Mosanto here doesn't like these types of people.
I think this story is funny as hell. The indignation!!!!

They would like me, or at least my food consumption, but I generally hate all activists, and especially ones going on about silly trends.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They would like me, or at least my food consumption, but I generally hate all activists, and especially ones going on about silly trends.
People pushing back against crappy fast food is a 'silly trend' now, really? The slow food movement is about nothing more then encouraging people to eat quality food from quality ingredients... The term activist does not necessitate acting like PETA.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
People pushing back against crappy fast food is a 'silly trend' now, really? The slow food movement is about nothing more then encouraging people to eat quality food from quality ingredients...

Here here- and is a hallmark of many of the finest restaurants that many here tout.

And as beekeepers ourselves, I can say:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
People pushing back against crappy fast food is a 'silly trend' now, really? The slow food movement is about nothing more then encouraging people to eat quality food from quality ingredients...

The term activist does not necessitate acting like PETA.

I am aware of the movement. I dislike self-styled "activists."

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Here here- and is a hallmark of many of the finest restaurants that many here tout.

And as beekeepers ourselves, I can say:

Meh. Most movement restaurants, be they "slow food," "modernist cuisine," "molecular gastronomy" or whatever are not so great. The whole Fart to Table movement provides, in my opinion, food that is not sufficiently worked. Just my opinion, of course.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am aware of the movement. I dislike self-styled "activists."

Meh. Most movement restaurants, be they "slow food," "modernist cuisine," "molecular gastronomy" or whatever are not so great. The whole Fart to Table movement provides, in my opinion, food that is not sufficiently worked. Just my opinion, of course.

Intentional?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a buddy who has an apiary in San Francisco, and harvests around 80 quarts of honey a year (!). He lives up on Liberty Street, between Castro, Noe Valley, and Dolores Park.

San Francisco has well over 200 privately-owned apiaries in the city. Some of them jar their own honey while others combine theirs with others and sell them at such places as Bi Rite.

I absolutely love honey and it's always an item that I purchase when I travel abroad - it's a very unique, fun, and delicious memento of a vacation.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's prep and cooking skills though, right?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
That's prep and cooking skills though, right?
Not necessarily. I think a lot of it has to do with approach. When you are beholden to a movement, in anything, you are limited to what you are able to do.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.